new on here...

Options
Hello, my name is Kristina. I have an 18th month old son and i am getting married next june. I have just started really wanting to loose all of the baby weight last week. Well let me put it this way... i have always wanted to do it just never had the motivation. I always made excuses. I dont have time.. etc. I am a full time mom, i work 40 hours a week and take six classes. But I really need a life style change and i want to look amazing on my wedding day next year. I dont want to just loose all of this weight for my wedding i want to loose it all and then i want to be able to maintain it.. which is the hardest part. What really also woke me up and wanted to do this was when people on the street yelled at me for smoking a cigarette and being pregnant (i know, not healthy, but one thing at a time.) This really broke my heart. So here i am. Now working my butt off to make myself feel good again. I'm doing this for me and not anybody else.. but i do need motivation because im very impatient and i know that it all comes in time, but i'm one of those people that dont see instant results i get discouraged and quit. I started my diet/lifestyle change last monday (april 1st) and since then i have lost 6 lbs. I only have 49 lbs to go till my weight (highschool). I know this will be a lifechanging journey for me.

sorry this is all over the place.. im not very good at writing.

Replies

• craigmdean1974
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome aboard. This is a great place to get inspiration and help on your journey. Take care and good luck. XXX
  • itsall4younow
    Options
    Welcome :)

Congrats on the wedding! Good luck on your journey!
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! You can do it! I quit smoking cold turkey in January. I started walking, which turned into running, and it really seemed to make me not want to smoke. Take it one day at a time! Good luck!! Add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend if you want. I've only beening doing this for about a month but found the MFP community to be super supportive.
  • airforcesinger
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats! i've recently lost 22 pounds and gone down 11" in my waistline!! You can do it...Friend me and we can help each other!
  • kristinabunton
    Options
    thank you everyone! i sarted p90x on April 1st, so i am on day five, it is kicking my butt, but im breathing through all the sore pain lol
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • MrsRiddick
    MrsRiddick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You're going to love MFP. Add me as your friend and we can encourage each other.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    Request sent! Welcome and good luck with your journey! You'll love all the support you can get on here!
  • kristinabunton
    Options
    thank you everyone!
  • niknok2012
    Options
    Hiya.

The best reason to loose the weight is for yourself and no one else.
    Its good to have a goal to aim for.....it keeps you on track and motivated. I have always had weight issues and my husband and I are doing this journey together. I have been doing this for less than a month and have lost 8lbs up to now. Its not alot to some, but for me its a big deal. It keeps me focussed on what is important and why i am doing this. I have a big birthday this year and my motivation is to buy a stunning(and sexy!!) new dress for the occassion.
    My babies are 14 and 12 now and ive never lost the baby weight but since i have been doing this i have seen results and feel so much better about myself. Its not a quick fix, its about making sensible choices and beinf totally honest with yourself...if you have a bad day, be honest about it. Ive not had a great few days and have gone over on my calories but ive recorded everything honestly and its not so bad. It works for me because i can see what im eating and how many calories im consuming. Its spurred me on to increase the amount of activity i do so that it impacts on what im eating. Stick with it and you will see results. My husband has lost 15 pounds in 25 days and he doesnt do diets, but this works for him too. Its totally changed the way we look at food and our portion sizes. Keep up the good work and im sure you will look stunning in your wedding dress next year. Add me as a friend if you want. Support is always good. Take care and best of luck.