ok so last time i'm gonna ask cause i'm annoying myself.. :O

Options
Ok so i am getting seriously confused with how many cals i should be eating...
i;ve been on to a website which has worked out my BMR to be 1792 so thats ok, but i still get puddled as to how active i am..
Ok so this is how my week is worked out..
Monday - 60 mins cardio..
Tues - work (desk job but occasionaly help putting stock away) then after to zumba 60 mins cardio
Wednesday - rest day just do food shop
Thursday repeated as Tuesday
Fri - 30-60 mins walking
Sat - 30 mins walking
sun - 30 mins walking

I have two children 1 who is 7 and a very active 10 month old.
whilst at home i do washing and tidying around and probably don;t sit down until early evening for about 3 hours until bed.

So what activity level am i and how many cals should i eat in order to lose 2lbs a week?
People on here say that you shouldn;t eat below your BMR which mine is 1792 and that seems like too many cals!

I am begging for your final opions on this so i can stop stressing about it and get on my lifestyle..
Many thanks in advance...
:O)

Replies

• daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It is tough to figure out just exactly how your body works and what it wants!

For me, the less I eat, the less weight I lose which is odd but I see why. So now I am going back to eating more calories and exercising.

Its all a trial and error really. You will get varying advice on this topic but no one is the same and everyone's body works differently.

Try eating the 1792 calories for two weeks, with the exercise you are currently doing and see what happens.
    If that doesn't work then maybe reduce your calories by 200 and see if that makes a difference

As you are a mom with 2 young&active children, you want to eat enough to feel energetic and not tired and starving.

Also when you put in your goals in MFP, it will ask how many times you workout and for how long and will give the calories needed to sustain normal activity. You need to create a big enough deficit to lose 2 lbs a week which is about minus 1000 calories everyday
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing a nutritionist/dietician for advice vs. people on the internet?

I don't want to be rude, but so many people on MFP "know everything" and honestly, very few are accurate with their info
  • wolftrax
    wolftrax Posts: 50
    Options
    The classic formula is BMR X 1.2 - 500 cals to lose 1 #/wk.

1752 X 1.2 = 2102 - 500 = 1602 cals/day

Same 2102 -1000 to lose 2#/wk = 1102 Cals

i don't like to see people go for 2#/week....the faster you take off #, as a general statement, the harder it is to keep them off for two years..It takes about 2 years to lower your set-point BW...with your BMR at 1752 cals, you should be able to lose at 1602 cals and keep the fat burn going without too much stress..

If you work out twice/day, you might be able to use the 1.55 activity mark-up but I doubt it...We're all sedentary in the cyber age..