Bet this isn't a common NSV

Options
bslic
bslic Posts: 245 Member
Today, I was finally able to register with Be The Match . Org to be a bone marrow donor. I tried to do it a couple of years ago, and was declined due to my BMI being too high. I just hit my 50 pound weight loss milestone this week and it dawned on me that I probably made their requirements now. YESSSSSSS!!! Seems kind of silly, but I've wanted to do this for so long and now I have!!!

Note, there is a charge to do this, but I highly recommend joining, too!!!

Replies

• joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic such a great thing to do!!! well done! :)
  • 70kilo
    70kilo Posts: 34
    Options
    Not a common NSV but the most certainly the most selfless NSV! What a great one! :flowerforyou: and I bow for you!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats and good for you for registering as a donor!
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So not silly! YEEEESSS! Congratulations.
  • brittanyguindon
    brittanyguindon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This does not seem silly at all. I just want to say thank you for wanting to be a bone marrow donor! In January my dad got a bone marrow transplant. He was blessed to have a twin brother to be hos donor. Without the transplant he had about a year to live. It is an extremely emotional and difficult journey. The waiting process for a donor can be very long and difficult. So THANK YOU SO MUCH. You will change someones life :) Also congrats on losing 50 pounds!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! Congrats on your success so far!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Good for you! What an amazing thing you are doing!:flowerforyou:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this NSV! A very great NSV because not only is it such a good thing for you! But you are so willing to help others! That is so amazing! I completely admire that part of your health goals is to help others! Definitely a win-win accomplishment! :)
  • bslic
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm on there too!
  • hkmamma
    hkmamma Posts: 70
    Options
    You may have saved two lives, yours and a potential recipient! Great job
  • JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    Love this NSV. I've been on the registery for about 2 years and I completely took for granted that I could join it! You've helped me realize that not everyone has that ability. I applaud you and your efforts! Win-Win as someone else said!
  • bslic
    Options
    Love this NSV. I've been on the registery for about 2 years and I completely took for granted that I could join it! You've helped me realize that not everyone has that ability. I applaud you and your efforts! Win-Win as someone else said!

Thank you! I, too, had assumed all could do it. Boy was it a punch in the gut when I couldn't.

thanks again....EVERYONE!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!