Anyone on here in college?

Options
amurph25
amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
Hey guys! I'm Ashley and I'm a senior studying motion media design at the Savannah College of Art and Design! What's everyone else studying?? Also, how do you manage to get your schoolwork done while still making time for the gym? Between projects, studying, and work, I'm definitely finding it difficult to balance everything!

Replies

• lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm in college, but I dont have time to workout when school is in session, so I just try to watch what i eat
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    im in college as well! a junior elementary education major. feel free to add me:)
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    im in college as well! a junior elementary education major. feel free to add me:)

Before heading off to art school, I was a teachers aid for a kindergarten class, I loved it so much I almost decided to say heck with art school and major in elementary education!! :)
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im in college :D Last year of my childcare and education diploma xx
  • aprilhebron
    aprilhebron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in college. I don't have much time for working out, but I walk literally everywhere since I don't have a car.
    Sometimes I'll take a book to the gym with me and read while I'm the bikes or elliptical machine.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior in college AND I work 20 hours a week. TBH, everything seems to be suffering because I don't have time for it all. I can't always give everything 100%. I give myself an hour a day to work out though-->I HAVE TO or I go crazy with anxiety from the stress.
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    I'm in college! Sophomore at Appalachian State University! Feel free to add me :)
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm studying for accounting. The only way I can keep my grades up with gym, school, and work is to wake up at 5 and go to the gym and then I go again for like 30 minutes at 10 at night when I get out of class. I study while I'm at work and on the weekends and try to pay as much attention to class as I can while I'm in there. It's very hard to not give up one of these things that I have to do, but you have to keep in mind that everything you are doing will help you better in the future. :)
    Keep it up girl!
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in college! Midway College in Kentucky :bigsmile: I study Equine Business Administration. Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • AbigailsMommy11
    Options
    Hi! I am Mandi. I am a sophmore at Ga Perimeter studying Neonatal Nursing. My biggest challenge isn't my school schedule. It is life with a 9 month old.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm a student studying hospitality administration and mom of two boys ages 2 & 4..... I somehow manage to get to the gym M,W,F, maintain a 4.0, and have happy kids. my gym time is always in the 6-9 time frame and my gym has a play and learn childcare area.I record my anatomy teachers lectures and listen to them while on the machines.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my prereqs to get into the Respiratory Care program at Gateway here in Phoenix. My weeks are crazy between school and work and i basically spend any free time either studying or working out. i choose to workout instead of having a social life. hahaha. or i sleep less. definitely isnt easy to do so i feel your pain.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes!!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I'm in college and work 30 hours a week.

I am taking Community & Justice Studies. I plan on being a Correctional Officer, so my fitness is important.

I make the time to workout. I don't get to the gym EVERY day because some days are busier, but weekends are a great time to get in a workout.
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    Im at university studying fashion communication and promotion, the main reason i need to lose weight! Being in the same room as models everyday is sooooo depressing! lol
  • kristinabunton
    Options
    I'm in college. i take six classes at a time. Work 40 hours a week. And im a full time mom to an 18 month old... it was hard to try and find time to even try to start working out for me.. but i finally found it.. i had to move some things around in my life in order to do it though... I work out as soon as i get home from class at night (usually around 8ish). When i get home i just do it. I dont talk to anyone until my work out is done. That is the only way i could my workout in. Good luck! Sometimes you can be studying while your working out... ive done that too before!
  • adcorbin20
    Options
    I'm in college at the University of TN at Chattanooga! I am an exercise science major.. I am going to apply to PT school next year :) I love working out, especially doing Zumba and running. I always try to eat under 1200 calories and day to maintain my weight!
  • yothman5
    yothman5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in college as well, work full time and have two kiddos!! I don't have much time to work out so I tried waking up at 5 am every other morning... Turns out I like to sleep! lol I wish I could be in the gym everyday but the reality is I can't. I try and play with my kids, take them for walks and do zumba on kinect to stay active!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a 4th year nursing student in a 5 year program and I also have two part time jobs. I eventually had to decide that exercising was a main priority for me so I figured out the best times to fit it in. I usually go after work on Mondays, after clinical on Wednesdays, and after class on Thursday and/or Friday unless I'm working. I also try to jog or walk on the weekends, or hit the gym if I know I'm going out and will be drinking/eating more than usual. I'm also taking an online class this semester so I only have to physically be at school on twice a week for 3 hrs each day, so that definitely helps.
  • mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Studying Radiology here in Portland. It's tough fitting those workouts in but I'm sure we all do what we can do :)