Anyone lost weight with ONLY CARDIO??

Options
has anyone lost weight with healthy eating but have their main form of exercise - cardio only - until this day?? what type of cardio do you do that has helped you lost weight?

I am aiming to lose body fat... and then start strength training after.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost 100 pounds doing only walking/running. Zero strength training - but am starting to do that now a few times a week.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I do between 30 minutes and 1 hr of treadmil 5 days a week, the elptical anywhere from 15-30 minutes 3 days a week and some circuit training which i just started.... So far so good! Feel free to add me- best of luck on your journey!
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    WOW! You go girl!

Yes, I lost 100 pounds doing only walking/running. Zero strength training - but am starting to do that now a few times a week.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    i've lost weight fastest just eating healthier and just doing cardio. I used to walk every day for 2 hours. eek.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my initial weight loss was cardio combined with portion control. In the last year or so I've added strength as a regular part of my workouts and, in retrospect, would have done earlier had I realized the benefits of doing both. There's a real synergy - strength and cardio go hand in hand.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes, me. I'm done losing weight now though and I am going to start p90x next week. I'm kind of skinny-fat.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Its all I have been doing for the past 2yrs, I know I will have to start weight soon
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 lbs in 2.5 months doing zumba and cardio kickboxing 4x a week and 2x a week walking fast on the treadmill. A little bit of strength training in a 1x a week abs class but that's been really the gist of it..cardio cardio cardio.
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I've lost 39 since August 2011 by eating right and doing Zumba 4x/week. I recently added in strength training and am going to add boot camp in a couple weeks. Good luck to you.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I mainly have done cardio...a couple of body pump or strength training classes thrown in here and there. But most it's been walking/jogging/running. :) It's totally possible. Now that I'm at my goal, I'm thinking about doing some strength training as well....to tone up my core, mostly!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've done zero cardio and I've lost 40 lbs.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can lose doing only cardio or even no exercise and just dieting. Think about adding some weights to your routine. First of all it will help tone you which will give you a slimmer appearance. Secondly, you can lose muscle dieting so you want to build and strengthen your muscles and lastly, muscle will burn more calories so it will help you in the long run to work them now.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my 152 pounds while doing walking and some exercise bike.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Cycling is what lost me weight and has kept me at my weight, but it is pretty heavy going cycling 90-150 minutes most days. Alright on a nice sunny day, not so fun on a cold, windy day. I also sometimes take hours long walks, or use the stationary bike and do my own routine somedays. That and keeping an eye on my calories and avoiding wheat as much as possible.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump. good thread :flowerforyou:
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options
    OP I was wondering the same thing myself... Good Post
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's good for you!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    All of my 40 lbs lost is from changing what and how much I eat and cardio only. I have recently started adding strength training to the mix, but I'm not looking to lose any more weight, just maintain.

Good luck!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 24 lbs. with cardio, but then I added strength training & I have been holding steady at 165 lbs. for the last 2-3 weeks and have lost almost 4 inches in the waist.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I went from 200 --> 180 without any cardio.