New to MFP!

Options
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself! I signed up a few weeks back but , am just getting around to being sociable,lol!

My name is Bobby(Rob,Robert,Bob,whatever comes to mind, I have been called much worse,lol). I am 37 father of 3 awesome young men Christian(age 21..yes i started real young), Tyler(age19) and Kairon(age 7), and a grandpa to a beautiful 2 month old baby girl Piper.
I was pretty active growing up, never could sit still. But as we all know as you get older you have less and less time for activities and such. So I put on some weight here and there. Then i decided to quit smoking, man the weight came fast, and then while putting on that weight...my Dr. and I were trying to find the right combination of meds for me and some of them caused weight gain.Well with all the extra weight comes difficulty doing any of the activities i use to enjoy. Fast forward 8 years..and here I am at a very unhealthy weight of 398lbs. I was always a big guy, so 220-230 was the norm for me. But I have accumulated a whole other person on me weight wise,lol. I am finally ready to shed this extra weight to be able to do more things with my kids and my grandbaby. So my Dr. set me up with a dietitian and she introduced me to this sight.

I figured I would give it a go. I read on here daily how helpful and supportive everyone is with one another. I think that is a huge help to alot of people. Just to know you have someone that is willing to give ya a pat on the back(via post a compliment) seems little to some, but for others it is a great feeling.

Well I am done rambling, your probably wondering when i will shut the hell up anyways,lol and gonna give this my best. I hope to one day be one of the many success stories I have got to read on here!

Replies

• mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey man! welcome! this place is awesome! I started because the health tracking was sooo easy and helpful, but the support i got here blew me away, an unexpected surprise. Feel free to add me as a friend. We all need all the support we can get. Best of luck buddy! We can do this!
  • mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Best of luck on your journey!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Welcome Bobby! I married into being a "Grandma" at age 41...yikes. I have one son who is Eleven years old. I want to lose about 40 lbs.
  • Bambiraindrop
    Bambiraindrop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking the first step, this is crunch time for me too! I need to get the motivation to enable me to do it! Good luck!:smile: