My latest results with pics .....

Options
wk9t
wk9t Posts: 237 Member
In October 2011 I joined MFP. At that time I weighed 254 lbs and my body fat was at 38%. I had no energy and would become totally breathless just bending over to tie my shoes. To top it all off, my doctor diagnosed me as pre diabetic. That scared the hell out of me and was just the wake up call I needed. When I first started MFP I was logging calories and just doing light exercise at home. In December I joined a gym and I have been going 3 - 4 days per week ever since. You will see the results in the pics below. I am now at 201 lbs ... still working toward my goal of 180 lbs. My body fat is still high at 29% but it is going in the right direction. I ran my BMI numbers today and I am at 29.7 ... still considered overweight, but no longer obese (I hate that word). Also, I am no longer pre-diabetic ... not even close, and my blood pressure is in a healthy range.

I attribute my success to:

1. Logging into MFP religiously, EVERY DAY, and recording food intake and exercise.
2. Working out 3 - 4 days a week.
3. The amazing support and advice I have gotten on MFP.

BTW, I am 63 years young ... don't ever think you are too old to change your lifestyle and don't let anyone else tell you that you are. As the Nike slogan says ... "Just do it!".

Sorry, I am having problems with getting the image to load. The link below will take you directly to the image.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/WK9T/My Weight Loss Journey/P1000116-1-1.jpg

P1000116-1-1.jpg

Replies

• esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!! Congratulations on your success!
    Keep up the hard work!!! :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Can't see the image, but that is such a great story! Counting calories and exercising really does pay off because you have some GREAT results! Good job and keep it up! :)
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Also cannot see the photo, but congratulations on sticking with it!
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    In October 2011 I joined MFP. At that time I weighed 254 lbs and my body fat was at 38%. I had no energy and would become totally breathless just bending over to tie my shoes. To top it all off, my doctor diagnosed me as pre diabetic. That scared the hell out of me and was just the wake up call I needed. When I first started MFP I was logging calories and just doing light exercise at home. In December I joined a gym and I have been going 3 - 4 days per week ever since. You will see the results in the pics below. I am now at 201 lbs ... still working toward my goal of 180 lbs. My body fat is still high at 29% but it is going in the right direction. I ran my BMI numbers today and I am at 29.7 ... still considered overweight, but no longer obese (I hate that word). Also, I am no longer pre-diabetic ... not even close, and my blood pressure is in a healthy range.

1. Logging into MFP religiously, EVERY DAY, and recording food intake and exercise.

BTW, I am 63 years young ... don't ever think you are too old to change your lifestyle and don't let anyone else tell you that you are. As the Nike slogan says ... "Just do it!".

Sorry, I am having problems with getting the image to load. The link below will take you directly to the image.

P1000116-1-1.jpg

P1000116-1-1.jpg
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Can't see the image but congratulations x
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/WK9T/My Weight Loss Journey/P1000116-1-1.jpg

P1000116-1-1.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!