nice tasting low carb protein bars- UK

Options
I had my first protein bar today and it was horrid

Firstly I grumble at the price of them, so I chose a £1.95 bar from Holland and Barret, Pure Protein Deluxe Chocolate

If I were to lick a cows *kitten* then I imagine it to resemble the taste of this

I want to eat them as I found it very filling and a good source of extra protein, whilst I'm trying to CUT BACK (caps for the pro-carb police) on carbohydrates

Anyone please tell me of some tasty bars that won't break the bank

Cheers ears x

Replies

• foxyhotgal
    foxyhotgal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    phd diet whey strawberry cheesecake ones are nice but quite expensive id say about £2 a bar
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options

Firstly I grumble at the price of them, so I chose a £1.95 bar from Holland and Barret, Pure Protein Deluxe Chocolate

If I were to lick a cows *kitten* then I imagine it to resemble the taste of this

I want to eat them as I found it very filling and a good source of extra protein, whilst I'm trying to CUT BACK (caps for the pro-carb police) on carbohydrates

Cheers ears x

Hahaha SNAP - tried that one the other day and i nearly threw up! yuk!!! So low carb ones....supreme peanut butter crunch are AMAZING!! they sell the big bars in holland and barrett but you can get 43g bars online - here: http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-protein-bars-supreme-protein-carb-conscious-protein-bar-9-bars

They are the best ones i've ever tried. I also sometimes get the atkins dark choc crunch ones which are lovely and low carb.

Or i get optimum nutrition whey crisp bars - not AS tasty but still nice and low sugar, fat etc.

Hope that helps! x
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Cheers ears x

Hahaha SNAP - tried that one the other day and i nearly threw up! yuk!!! So low carb ones....supreme peanut butter crunch are AMAZING!! they sell the big bars in holland and barrett but you can get 43g bars online - here: http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-protein-bars-supreme-protein-carb-conscious-protein-bar-9-bars

They are the best ones i've ever tried. I also sometimes get the atkins dark choc crunch ones which are lovely and low carb.

Or i get optimum nutrition whey crisp bars - not AS tasty but still nice and low sugar, fat etc.

Hope that helps! x

Thank you!! Great link too,
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason you are going for bars instead of powder mixed with milk? I found the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey to be a great source of protein, and the double rich chocolate flavor is awesome.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Is there any reason you are going for bars instead of powder mixed with milk? I found the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey to be a great source of protein, and the double rich chocolate flavor is awesome.

I use protein powder and casein

I want some variety in my life!
  • Sasco67
    Sasco67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Pro Bars made by Lonsdale? They're 70g and you can buy them in Sports Direct for 99p. I've tried choc orange and strawberries and cream and both are delicious, contain just over 30g protein and are both under 300 cals. They also do a mint one but I haven't tried that yet.