Wine drinkers

Options
I was just wondering if having a glass of wine every now & then will hurt my weight loss? Sometimes if I've had a long day, I would like to have one glass of wine with dinner. I do drink at least 96 oz of water per day. I don't want to stall my weight loss though. Is there anyone on here that allows him/herself the luxury of wine or other alcohol?

Replies

• Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh I definitely allow myself wine/beer/booze or I'd be one crabby girl! In my experience if I tell myself I cannot have something that I like that just means I'll end up derailing completely from my diet.

:drinker: Everything in moderation!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do. I drink wine just about every night. I met my original goal last year and maintained since. I will say that I don't eat a lot of other junk foods or desserts though. Wine has a few nutrients but is mostly empty calories, so in order to get proper nutrition and still have wine with dinner I feel I should eat healthy most of the time.

Just about everyone splurges on something - chocolate, ice cream, fast food, fried foods - I'd rather have wine. :drinker:
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I choose to drink my sugar in fermented form. Too much will hurt you but a nice glass won't.

Zin was my number 1 food on my list for a while :-)
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    There is a Chateau Thomas winery here in Bloomington IN that has a "slender" collection. I love them
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Having an occasion glass shouldn't hurt, just make sure you log it in. I usually have a glass or two or a Miller Lite or two nightly and I'm still losing.
  • Skye1999
    Skye1999 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have wine every evening whilst cooking and a glass with my meal. Never done me any harm. I always log it though, so that is part of my daily allowance.
  • IslandJade22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will be sure to log it in and I'm excited to see it hasn't hindered anyone's weight loss. I eat healthy for dinner still so now I know I can enjoy that glass every now and then.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Personally you shouldn't cut out wine if that's something you enjoy.

I personally like my wine/beer/booze/etc and there's no way I'd give up that just to lose a few pounds. If this is a lifelong change then you need to learn how to lose the weight while eating/drinking the things you lose. Everything in moderation is my motto.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Fit it in your calories and macros and you should be fine (Always log it). We have a glass of wine 4 or 5 times a week and it's just like any other calories. No problems losing weight, etc.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have a 5oz glass of wine just about every evening. I keep it within my calories and don't sweat it.

I drank a LOT of beer last weekend. Went to a beer festival one day and a crawfish boil the next. LOTS of beer. Not a single ounce gained...I just make sure I balance it out with hard work and a good diet! Haven't hit a plateau yet and I've been at it since January, slow and steady :)
  • kristyjoy16
    Options
    :smile: Yes I absolutely wish I could drink wine all the time! Unfortunately, 1-2 glasses on most days (and 3 on a really bad day) is a big part of why I think I've gained weight in the past few years. I'm new but so far I've been using my extra "excercise" calories to have dessert or wine. If I want it...I have to earn it! My b/f was like "ok you have 200 calories left over today. Do you want ice cream or wine?" It took me like 10 full min to decide hahaha. But I realized that what I was really craving was the taste of something sweet so I went with the ice cream. It made me realize how much wine I was drinking for the effect vs. the taste if that makes any sense.

Easter is this weekend and I'm going on vacation soon and I fully plan on enjoying myself for both. I'm gonna try my damnest to fit them into my daily calories as best I can.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    One glass won't inhibit your weight loss but more than that can. I actually cut the wine out of my diet with the exception of the weekends. I'm on week two doing this. This past summer the husband and I were downing two bottles a night and believe me it began to show!

Just make sure you log the calories from it.