Looking to lose 30lbs in 3 months

Options
Hi Everybody,
I am just starting my program today. I am hoping to lose 30lbs in approx 3 months and am looking for people who have accomplished this provide a few tips or details on their journey. My reccomended calorie intake is 1200. I purchased an ellipitical and plan on working out 5x week. Thanks for any suggestions or success stories!

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I love 70 in 4.5 months. Hit the gym 6 days a week (cardio 6 days/weights 3 days) a gallon of water (only no other liquids) per day and stick to a gross of 1200-1600 calories per day.
  • cafallon
    cafallon Posts: 1
    Options
    I am trying to do the same.
    i just finished my first week using MFP.
    I am not as intense as iam_thatdude.
    But so far I work out (Zumba) 5 days a week and drink a lot of water.
    I know a lot of people who loose weight by giving up drinking but I rather be a little chubby than not drink (hey I'm Irish, we have priorities).
    I also weigh myself everyday, which I know you aren't supposed to do but it is keeping me motivated to see that number going down.
    Let me know how it goes for you and if you find anything particularly useful to you.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3x a day so no biggie there. Can u give up alchohol for the first 45 days? Idid and it made a world of difference. Ill still drink now and then, but whiskey instead of beer.
  • Jelio13
    Jelio13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined 1 month ago and am down 11 lbs. You CAN do it! Just be consistent with your exercising and adding

all you eat on your page. I am mainly walking and riding my Stationary bike. Start slow and don't hurt yourself! Good luck

I'm sure you can do it.
  • Peko22
    Peko22 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I am optimistic.....Hopefully you will be reading about me in a success story around July :)
  • csterling1212
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs too... wish i could CHANGE the "calorie" intake on MFP... can't figure it out..SO, if you have it set for 1200 calories, and work out... and it lets you ADD more calories how is that helping you lose? infact I gained 4 lbs this week.. sux!!! the only thing I did wrong was 4 beers on Mothers day... really? that made me gain 4 lbs? I love wine.. is that going to kill me too? :yawn:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I am just starting my program today. I am hoping to lose 30lbs in approx 3 months and am looking for people who have accomplished this provide a few tips or details on their journey. My reccomended calorie intake is 1200. I purchased an ellipitical and plan on working out 5x week. Thanks for any suggestions or success stories!

Man, good luck! That's 35,000 calorie deficit per month, or roughly 1200 calories. That's a lot of cutting, and you may not be able to cut that drastically. Best of luck to ya!