Anyone lost weight with ONLY CARDIO??

Options
124»

Replies

• deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep!

But when I did strength training and built my muscles up, I could go a lot harder on my cardio workouts. I had bigger burns which meant more weight went bye bye!!

5499814.png
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight doing cardio only, eating healthier and never going over my calorie goal. My cardio has been mostly walking (lots of disc golf) with a few hours on the stationary bike each month. I plan to add in strength training soon, preferably something I can do without joining a gym.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get their body fat % measured? The scale does not tell you everything.
    My scale does! It tells me my body fat %.. :)

I've lost almost 50 pounds with diet, cardio (running, walking, hiking & elliptical) and yoga. No weight lifting except during a few weeks of 30DS. I have had my body fat % measured using the caliper method, and I'm at 23.7%. I'm 44 years old, so that's pretty good for my age. As I started to lose weight, things were a little flabby but have really toned up with the last 10 pounds gone. :)
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    zumba, yoga and walking and of course diet, no weight training unless its using my body weight. I have muscular legs its the upper arms and tummy that lacks most muscle but never have had strong arms or been able to do crunches... I'm still happy with my progress so far
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Including the most recent 22 lbs lost, I've lost over 70 lbs and I do cardio with belly dance and ballroom dance. Some of the belly dance does include arm work outs that kill but work amazingly.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in 2 months with only cardio activities for exercise. I did this a year ago. I paired it with diligent portion and calorie control.

I was jogging 30 minutes x 4 days a week.
    I was taking a 50-minute spin class x 2 days a week.
    I was commute-walking 3.75ish miles round trip to and from work x 5 days a week.

My legs, butt, and midsection looked gorgeous! I fell off the wagon for a year partly due to a back injury and mostly due to laziness.

ETA: My energy levels were AWESOME! I was sleeping like a baby at night. I would *love* to join CrossFit and combine flexibility, cardio, and strength. It's just freaking expensive.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've done zero cardio and I've lost 40 lbs.

What did you do to loose 40lbs?

A caloric deficit will create weight loss. Exercise isn't necessary - most of the deficit should come from the deficit you create through your diet. You should use exercise to preserve your muscle mass. I do a whole body resistance training workout focused on compound movements (push/pull).
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    That's how I've always lost weight, just portion control and cardio. I will probably add strength training in when I'm closer to goal.
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    Ive lost 13 lbs eating right & walking, jogging, tredmill & bike....amd im starting on the elliptical. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • jmonique27
    Options
    Do intervals with sprinting/walking! =]
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my initial weight loss was cardio combined with portion control. In the last year or so I've added strength as a regular part of my workouts and, in retrospect, would have done earlier had I realized the benefits of doing both. There's a real synergy - strength and cardio go hand in hand.

LIKE!!
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    this is VERY informative :)
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    Yes! I have lost almost 60lbs with Water jogging, and most walking on a treadmill. I now use a Recumbent bike also.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds in 2.5 months just doing Wii My Fitness Coach, walking at a fast pace and some hiking. I do bike rides here and there with my kids and kick the soccer ball around with my son. Nothing major.
  • chrischodefer
    Options
    well, i have joined jillian michaels online fitness program after reviewing multiple online exercise programs at http://loseweight2weeks.co and i have lost 22lbs with her methods... i would encourage anyone to check out her program!
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Yes, I lost a lot of weight doing only cardio. Walking, jogging, running, hula hooping, and using the elliptical. I look better when I lift weights and do cardio though so I try to incorporate both.