PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED

Options
I 'M having a hard time eating enough to net 1200 but i still want to work out

Ok so i've been bitten by the work out bug, i usually only work out 1 hour a day 1/2 hr weights and and 1/2 hr cardio, recently i've been wanting to go to the gym a second time but i'm already having a hard time netting 1200 calories at the end of the day and i know if i work out and burn another 250-300 calories i'll have to eat more to net 1200 but i'm already stuffed, what should do? should i work out more and force myself to eat more, work out more and not worry about netting 1200 or should i not work out more?

Replies

• Dmederos
    Dmederos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would maybe try to drink a protien shake then if you are going to work out the second time because it will give you the calories that you need but wont make you feel too full
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Can't see your food diary but perhaps you should think about adding some calorie dense, nutritious snacks (if you're not already) - 50g / 1/3 cup of almonds (one of my favourites) is 290 cal and 10g of protein
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    Lol. whatever you do- make sure you net at least your BMR. you don't want to go into starvation and cannibalize muscle and slow your metabolism. Try eating more calorie dense foods (avocado, peanut butter, etc) or as the other poster said try protein shakes. Good luck! P.S...wish I had your workout motivation. :)
  • Kait1215
    Kait1215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys i made my diary public, i'll definitely give the protein shakes a try, i've never had them are there any specific ones that you guys would recommend ? what tastes good lol
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would maybe try to drink a protien shake then if you are going to work out the second time because it will give you the calories that you need but wont make you feel too full

This sounds like a good idea! I feel the same way, too.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options

This sounds like a good idea! I feel the same way, too.

Yep, that! especially if you are lifting. It is expensive, but I use EAS Myoplex Chocolate (ready to drink) and if I do a big workout or run, I do a 42gm of protein or if smaller, I do the 20gm of protein.. Any sort of protein drink will help!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    If you eat whole milk products(organic), which are far better for you than non-fat, and eat protein rich foods like nuts, chicken and fish, you should be fine.

Greek yogurt, salmon, chicken breast, almonds, peanut butter, organic milk, cottage cheese, sweet potatos, ....also mix in bananas, and dark red/blue fruits.

I like cliff builder bars as well. High protein, 270 cals.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    protein shakes work really well, & were a life saver for me when it came to actually trying to be able to consume all the calories i needed again. to find a good one you kind of have to play a blending game to see what you like mine right now is

1 scoop monster milk chocolate
    1 cup almond milk unsweetened.
    1/2 banana
    ice cubes.

blend :D

if im really needing extra calories ill add a 1/2 - 1 tbsp peanut butter
    tastes really yummy!

almonds though like mentioned are always a good idea as well! :D
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    bumping for the shake recipe...
  • mcrundle
    mcrundle Posts: 7
    Options
    If you work out, you need to eat. Cars need fuel,people need the same. Try a banana after your work out. It will balance your electrolites to help your muscles work more effiently,they have a good calorie count. Peanut butter on whole wheat bread is loaded with protein healthy fats and good carbs, also a good calorie count. The other thing I live by is a serious breakfast. I eat more calories at breakfast than my other meals.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Can I have some of your calories???? :smile:
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    2 scoops Designer Whey chocolate protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    2 tbs PB2

That makes the most amazing chocolate peanut butter protein shake that is thick like a milkshake and gives you about 370 calories. (42 grams protein) I have one every day. By the end of my workout, it's all I can think about. lol
  • itztwin
    itztwin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I workout twice a day also and my calorie intake is 3500 for me to add weight. What works for me is to pre pare snacks for the day to have in between meals also a protein shake. I usually go over on my intake. Give it a try good luck.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I looked back a week or so into your diary and maybe eat more for breakfast/lunch? I see that you have carnation shakes and slim fast for quite a few of your meals.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    \
    i agree