Leap of Faith (or foolishness)...but guess what? I'm doing i

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Leap of Faith (or foolishness)...but guess what? I'm doing it!!!!!!

There are these jeans that I've been wanting for a long long time, they are super cute and sassy looking and timeless and just plain cool...they are normally VERY expensive, but they are on sale (for a WHAT??? Who can say NO price) and they only have two more left in sizes 16 (which I could get into-but are a wee bit too large) or a size.....

:drinker: :noway: :blushing:

I simply can NOT squeeze my big tail into a size 6 and no where near that size--YET...but I *think* I'm going to buy the size 6 and put them up in my home gym. I want to hang them on the wall by my treadmill and bike (where I can see them as I work-out and whenever I go into that room (which is often)--I haven't done it yet, but I think I'm going to. Yes, I will and it's kinda scary and bold. I'm gonna do it-I'm going to buy these gorgeous size 6 jeans--YIKES and WOW!

Replies

• ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    I say go for it....what can you lose but weight!
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Do it! That will be wonderful motivation!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Faith is the substance of things HOPED for with the evidence of things NOT SEEN! Great words from a scholar of a man I personally know!

DO IT!!! Then I can exchange some clothes that I had in size 6!! YOU ROCK!! LOVE U!!!:drinker:
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Buy those babys TODAY!!! Enjoy the journey of fitting into them. -Cheers!
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! That is a wonderful motivator!!!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Buy clothes on sale in a size you are going to be. I'm going to start doing that.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    if it motivates you, i say go for it! if you think it will just make you feel bad about the progress you HAVEN'T made yet though, then i say invest that $ in something like a heart rate monitor instead, to make the most of your workouts!
    sometimes i think buying small clothing will be motivating, but it can contribute to my negative self image instead (ie i say to myself "i'm still so overweight" instead of thinking "WOW, i've lost a LOT of weight so far!")
    whatever will work for you is what you should do!!!
    and keep at it, you're my inspiration!!!
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    Only YOU can decide what your motivation will be...Go for it!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    if it motivates you, i say go for it! if you think it will just make you feel bad about the progress you HAVEN'T made yet though, then i say invest that $ in something like a heart rate monitor instead, to make the most of your workouts!
    sometimes i think buying small clothing will be motivating, but it can contribute to my negative self image instead (ie i say to myself "i'm still so overweight" instead of thinking "WOW, i've lost a LOT of weight so far!")
    whatever will work for you is what you should do!!!
    and keep at it, you're my inspiration!!!

YOU my dear are my inspiration too. I super appreciate this perspective, that I never considered. Thank you so much for mentioning this to me. I really don't want to get a heart monitor, because I'm doing this thing a different way (being Led to do things differently). I can so totally understand that perspective that many people will definitely have, but I'm a different type of bird :smooched: and getting these jeans will actually boost my "drive" so to speak, instead of damper it...but again, your post is so very important and possibly even urgent, because some people may definitely not take this as a positive "pump it up" perspective like I will.

Love you and admire you so much!!!!! :heart:
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that idea! I'm not even gonna say good luck, because you don't need it you will do this!
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Do it! Do it! Doooooo iiiiiiiit! lmbo. Work your tail off and let us you when you put those jeans on!
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    What great motivation! You go girl!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Ya know what?????

You guys (:heart: EVERYONE Of you sweetiehearts that replied:heart: ) are so utterly cool...Love you guys and THANKS! I'm getting them for sure:drinker: and will let you guys know when (not if...but when:bigsmile: ) they fit. i'm thinking (okay Believing and Hoping) around July or September...by FAITH and some earnest fat crying sessions/sweating my tail off) and eating properly maybe sooner:smooched:

Again, you guys Rock!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day that you post a pic of you WEARING these amazing jeans! :glasses:
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a dress for that special occassion. When I don't feel like working out I make myself look at it!! Then I ask myself, "How bad do you want it?"

Go for it Gir!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Do it! I found a pair of 6s that I bought a long time ago in my spare bed room last night. I did the same as you before by hanging my pants in my bedroom for a constant reminder of me fitting into them. It didnt phase me then but guess what....I just went to get those size 8's I had hanging up a while back they are sitting here in my computer room w/me, hanging up waiting to be worn! I tried them on too, they pulled up but couldnt be zipped or buttoned weird thing is, I just pulled out 12s last night and they fit me perfect so its weird these 8s are so close. Id say I am a size 12 now.

But thanks for listening I dont think your a fool! BUY them!!! Your gonna be wearing them one day and like another person said I cannot wait til that day to see you post yourself in them!!!
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    Go for it!!! It'll be great motivation! :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Awwwww....

The size 6's were gone...BUT, I found an absolutely gorgeous paid of red skinny jeans:blushing: These are a rich looking "blue-ish red" red in a size 14 that looked really small, but they FIT!!!! Yes, there is/I have a bit of a ugly muffin top in these jeans, but I'll use them as a "motivating factor" and they will look smashing with a bigger top to cover up my muffin top in them, until it goes.

I'm now in between a size 14-16 (from a size 20 jean in January). Different jeans have a different cut, and this cut 14 is really small looking (compared to the size 14's I'm wearing now), and the color red is so vibrant and sassy, so disappointed that the gorgeous size 6's are gone but I'm thrilled to have these "hot yet sophisticated mamas" too!
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awwwww....

The size 6's were gone...BUT, I found an absolutely gorgeous paid of red skinny jeans:blushing: These are a rich looking "blue-ish red" red in a size 14 that looked really small, but they FIT!!!! Yes, there is/I have a bit of a ugly muffin top in these jeans, but I'll use them as a "motivating factor" and they will look smashing with a bigger top to cover up my muffin top in them, until it goes.

I'm now in between a size 14-16 (from a size 20 jean in January). Different jeans have a different cut, and this cut 14 is really small looking (compared to the size 14's I'm wearing now), and the color red is so vibrant and sassy, so disappointed that the gorgeous size 6's are gone but I'm thrilled to have these "hot yet sophisticated mamas" too!

down to a size 14 from a size 20 in just a couple months? THAT IS AMAZING!!! one of my millions of reasons why you're such an inspiration to me! enjoy those new pants that you fit into and GET READY because you'll be tossing them out in no time at the rate you're at!!! WOOOO! you rock!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Awwwww....

down to a size 14 from a size 20 in just a couple months? THAT IS AMAZING!!! one of my millions of reasons why you're such an inspiration to me! enjoy those new pants that you fit into and GET READY because you'll be tossing them out in no time at the rate you're at!!! WOOOO! you rock!

I posted a thread called:

From a size 20 jeans to a size 14 & 16w...God is GOOD!!!!! :love: it was actually LESS THAN A COUPLE OF MONTHS...it was 1 month and 9 days :love: Here's the link that tells all about my HUGE NSV of going from a size 20 to a size 14 in less than 2 months ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/510586-from-a-size-20-jeans-to-a-size-14-16w-god-is-good?error_user_id=17500697&error_username=NewLIFEstyle4ME&hl=size+20+to+14

Actually, the size 16's IQ Jeans are now swimming on me like the 20's were and one pair of the size 14's (The Ralph Lauren jeans in the pic) are really getting to big for me in the waist and the DKNY's fit perfectly, whereas when I first posted this, the DKNY's were a wee bit snug) That's why I'm so thrilled about my new red "hot mamma" jeans...they're a size 14--but look really small in the waist, much smaller than the Ralph Lauren AND the DKNY's--YAY!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

I'll bump it and re-put the pics in. They were on that link, but now are gone, I guess after a while they don't work or something....

I posted these pics in another link/thread but they disappeared, I'll try again here:

2af422e4.jpg

4da4c3d9.jpg

50ee9b2e.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!