Dressing Room Nightmare!

Options
I went shopping with my parents yesterday, to buy me a birthday present. I found the cardigan I wanted, but I yearned for a dress, so I plodded round for a good 2 hours, and finally found one in Evans. Now, I am usually a size 20 waist and 22 top, so I thought I'd try a 24, to be safe, after trying on a size 20 and 22 in another shop, and IT DIDN'T FIT!!!

I was mortified!! This weight is coming off.....NOW!

Please feel free to 'friend' me, for some support! Nikki841973

Replies

• tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Now that you have made up your mind, YOU CAN SUCCEED!!
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    Looks like you have hit your breaking point. We've all had them- when we say "enough is enough". Good for you for joining this site. I have been here almost 2 weeks and lost just under 4 pounds. I log in faithfully everyday and this is the first time I am really excited about weight loss and doing it in a healthy way. I used to get frustrated and give up when I didnt get awesome results immediately. Now I know that you need to eat to lose weight (no starvation for me). I'll send you a friend request and we can motivate each other. :)
  • teteco
    teteco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I found it helpful to start with just some calisthenics (leg lifts, squats, etc) even if you can only do one set, that's how i started out 2 weeks ago and today I went on a 30 min jog! (I hate running) I'm down about 7 lbs already!! Good luck, and congrats!! Soon we'll be able to wear shorts and bikinis!! :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a moment like you've just had. For most people, it is the "straw that breaks the camel's back" - the turning point in their life. What motivates them. What keeps them focused on the finish line when times get tough and they want to give up.

You can do this. With time, patience and determination - YOU CAN DO IT.