how the hell...

Options
so I just started my eat more diet deal today and i feel like ive been eating non stop and still only at like 1500 cals. i've been trying to eat healthier but already my carbs are past its limit. so i guess i need to eat higher calorie meals and not alot of little meals cause their not addig up like i thought? but if i eat higher cal meals, my carbs will go off the chart. btw trying to eat 2200 cals on lifting days like today and follow the 40/30/30 plan. and i don't have the time or the money to eat/cook up something every meal....
what kind of foods are yall eating to do this and stay in the limits?

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open for specific advice but you can see what is high in carbs I suppose.

My carbs come from veg and fruit, thats it.
  • igoharder92
    Options
    yeah..its just like i just started my fat loss program to lose some inches and it seems like it is so hard! what do you eat to make your cal intake high without the carbs?
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    do things like nuts or nut butters have carbs, they r calorie dense and good for a snack. ( don't really follow a low/carb or specific meal plan so I have no idea, I follow the "eat clean" idea or as clean as I can manage anyway)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I kept the ratios as they were set when I joined, and have lost weight fine without cutting my carbs down.
    I suppose the only way is to eat a lot more protein foods like fish, meat, eggs, yoghurt, nuts etc, and steer clear of too many grains and starches. Doesn't work for me as the complex carbs are what stop me from overeating on less healthy foods.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you can change your ratios. I went in and changed mine.

Secondly, i know some are going to ask why I changed mine. Well, firstly, the numbers there are a suggestion, and you actually need a range, depending on what you do.

I am currently training for a triathlon, so I upped mine to 60%, because I need that many to fuel my body.

So remember, the numbers on here are just a suggestion and it's ok if everything is not "perfect"
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Do you like Tuna? I sometimes eat a can with lemon juice on it. You can do a couple ritz crackers crumbled on if you have carbs to spare.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I avoid grains and pasta like the plague! I love fruit so during the summer I plan to load up on watery ones like watermelon, kiwi, grapes and some berrys. I keep my proteins up w/shakes, tuna,salmon,tilapia and chicken to name a few. If I need energy b4 working out I'll stick to a bananna or avocado. :)