Too Busy to Work Out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Karalopolous
    Options
    Also, how old are your children? Are they able to help you with anything? I agree, be selfish for your health for just an hour a day. Planning ahead is important as well, it's going to help make you feel more in control.
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a single Mom that works full time. I get up early and work out...no matter what happens during the day, I did my workout. It's really hard to start getting up early at first, but you do actually feel better during the day.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    For now maybe don't work out but keep close control over what you put in....that doesn't take any more time

That was working for me for a while but now I'm hardly losing anything just by eating well. I definitely need to start moving to keep losing. And I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a workout that has been kicking my butt :)
  • cindylocks
    cindylocks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm not a mom, But I find myself super busy with Graduate school and a 40hour week of internship hours. I keep a pedometer and my exercise is counted in how many steps I take each day. Each day I log my steps. and If I'm increasing my steps I'm doing a good job. Sometimes a little bit is all you can ask with a busy schedule! Hang in there :) Hopefully your little ones will be able to help out around the house soon!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I run the household and the the company for the most part. I put in over 50 hours a week with a daily commute of 45 minutes each way. On top of that the kids have scouts, 4-H, soccer, and loads of homework. At home, it's cooking from scratch (if I want to make sure we're not eating a bunch of unhealthy junk), clean, manage bills and yardwork. It's very hard to find the time to pursue my own hobbies let alone workout (which I have yet to consider a hobby). I ususally fit it in after dinner and dishes are over, when my kids have gone to bed. At that point, there's a moment to relax and the chance to get in at least a 30 minute workout. Do it for you and in my own motivation, I do it so they'll have me when they're older. I don't want to die of a heart attack (or risk it) so to be there later, I have to live healthier now.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When I first joined MFP I was working 40 hours which included driving 10 hours a week as well. I had commitments at church on Monday, Thursday and Sunday. I only have one child and am married. Did most of the housework. I was 100% sure I could not fit exercise in! I spent 5 years saying I couldn't fit it in. Eventually I started finding ways to fit it in. One of the first ways was to just be ok with dishes in the sink overnight, haha :) Once you get used to having it in your schedule you'll look back wondering why you thought you didn't have time before!