Protein powder

Options
What is the best protein powder you guys would recommend?

Replies

• masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anything from whey is fantastic.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ones. Try and find one that is Cold Filtered Microionized (CFM) as that's typically higher quality protein.

Optimum Nutrition
    Gaspari Nutrition
    MusclePharm
    TruTein

I found this site called True Nutrition and they even do some custom blends. I'm going to try them next, they're inexpensive too.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Overwhelming amount of choices and you will probably get an overwhelming amount of responses. Search and you will see lots of threads giving many options!

I only say this because I was so overwhelmed a few weeks ago with choices. I ended up writing down the most important things in a powder for me and bought the first one I saw that matched (Jay Robb Whey - all natural and well reviewed everywhere I looked).

Think about what is important to you in a powder (price, taste, ingredients, calories, ability to be cooked into things, etc) and dive in. There are millions of choices!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've been using EAS whey in chocolate, and it's pretty good. But it's the only one I've tried. My chiropractor recommends a different brand, but I'll have to try it and see. The one I have (I bought at Target for about $20 for several weeks worth) has 23g of protein and 130 cals per scoop. I'm happy with that!
  • sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I will scope out target tomorrow and go from there :)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Bio-X Power Whey and BSN are pretty good. I prefer the texture of BSN over Bio-X, though. It mixes a lot better but it is higher in calories.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I prefer Now Foods 100% Pure Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored. 25g protein, 105 calories per scoop. 1g carbs, 1g sugars. You can add this to water, milk, or juice and make your own drink to your liking. I get mine from Super Supplements or drugstore.com.

They also have Chocolate that has 160 calories and 7.5g of sugars.

When reading labels, make sure the powders don't have a lot of sugar/carbs, otherwise that defeats the purpose of a protein drink.