New to this site...

Options
Hi, I signed up this site in April, but have only now had the opportunity to use it. I like it. I'm having a hard time finding the foods that I ate in the database... I'm on travel for 3 months and for breakfast i eat the in the hotel, I don't know the type of cereal they have....also, I eat a lot of salads for lunch. Do i have to enter all the ingrediants that I put in my salad?

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Some may do it differently, but I dont count the veggies in my salad. I know, I know...someone is going to jump on and tell me I should but this is what works for me.

the only thing is, I count the dressing and any non-veggie item I put in the salad...for example..feta cheese, almonds, egg slices etc.

The way I work it is non starchy veggies (for me) are free foods.

Just my opinion and what works for me.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I would add all the ingreients. Then make it you menu if you eat the same salad every time. In my menu I put the title (my name salad) It is easy to find then.
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Or you could gather a generic salad close to your combination and count it. Making sure you cover any additives like salad dressing or croutons etc. that you put on.:drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    We have a salad bar at work, so I tend to have slight variations every day. But it remembers the ingredients that I add often, so most of the time, I just have to click on each item and say add for the lunch, and it doesn't take me long at all to log in the different variations.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lshneyder
    Options
    Hi thanks for the post! I liked your way =) Especially coming from a person who has lost 72 lbs! I did weight watchers 2 years ago and basically all the veggies (non starch) were free points.

BTW, do you drink any diet sodas? If so, do you enter them in your diary?