Eating every 3 hours?!

Options
I've been trying to eat every 3 hours and not go over 1200 calories a day but so far its been REALLY difficult for me. I can do it, but it makes me feel lethargic after I eat those small portions (less than 300 calories each meal). It also gives me really bad headaches and I become grouchy... I feel like I'm starving myself when I'm waiting for the next 3 hours to go by and eat again. Even though I've been losing weight from it quickly, I feel like crapola.
Am I doing this correctly??

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough. If you only have 10lbs to lose, your weekly weightloss goal shouldn't be for more than 1/2 lb a week. So unless you are around 5ft tall, you need to adjust your daily calorie intake.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Everyones metabolism works differently and I'd say your body may be trying to tell you that schedule is not right for you.

Maybe increase the time to 4 hours and see if that works better??
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You may need to do a large breakfast small lunch and dinner. Also what you are eating makes a difference. I feel the same way about being starving when I eat small meals. A large breakfast (or one large meal) seems to walk better for me. Like others side eat a little more and change you times around to find what works for you.
  • Kris93
    Kris93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JoyousMaximus - Thank you for your help. I knew I was doing something wrong :grumble: I just redid my goals and I feel 10xs better! :flowerforyou:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Kris93:smile:

you should post before and after pictures!

I think the picture of you in the poodle skirt is perfect for "before"

Any picture of you now is great for "after"

You look fantastic

love you

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: