Dr pepper 10?

Options
how does every one feel about Dr pepper ten? one doesnt get as many calories as they do with Regular soda.
how do people feel about replacing their soda with it?

Replies

• darlenestanley
    darlenestanley Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband had one earlier and I was just looking at the bottle. The calories are low in comparison to regular, but they are very confusing. He got a 20 oz bottle. The name is Dr. Pepper Ten, which makes you think it only has 10 calories. But if you look closer, it states it has 10 calories per 8 fl. oz. So the 20 oz. bottle actually has 20 calories.
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    how are the sugars and everything? does it seem like a good replacement for other soda?
  • NickPineault
    Options
    No diet soda is a good replacement for a regular soda. In fact, aspartame and acesulfame (fake sugars) are worse for your health, and for weight loss, than regular sugar.

Use stevia (natural plant sweetner) to sweeten some tea, or drink water.

I know... this sucks.
    how are the sugars and everything? does it seem like a good replacement for other soda?
  • sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    I like DP10. To me, it tastes somewhere between regular and diet DP. I know I should be drinking water, but some days I just need my DP.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    According to the commercials you being a woman, you are not allowed to drink it. So ...
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    We bought it when it was on promo at Walmart and it was pretty nice tasting, on par with regular Dr. Pepper, though I hated the men-only ad campaign and I've always been irrationally averse to high fructose corn syrup, which I believe was one of the ingredients in it. I try to avoid products like that.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    I don't really think any soda is an excellent choice. Choosing between diet, regular and the ones in between is like picking the lesser evil.

If you're only having it on occasion I'd say drink what you like. If you're having it all the time I'd suggest reducing the amount of soda you're drinking. I know, it sucks, like another poster said, but ultimately none of it is helping you on your journey to get healthy.
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    According to the commercials you being a woman, you are not allowed to drink it. So ...

ha well women do the shopping.. so we deserve it!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like it. I was a crazy soda drinker 4 weeks ago. I mean, ca-ray-zee. The caffeine withdrawal was bad.
    But I do have a DP10 at least once a day. 1 can, so I actually only get the 10 calories.
  • Ceej17
    Ceej17 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd rather drink the real thing and take the extra calories for the shiz they put in diet crap!
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    I love it and when I feel like I "need" a soda, that is my go-to because as far as low-cal sodas go it's way better than the alternative for me (Diet pepsi, diet mtn dew, diet dr pepper).
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    No diet soda is a good replacement for a regular soda. In fact, aspartame and acesulfame (fake sugars) are worse for your health, and for weight loss, than regular sugar.

Use stevia (natural plant sweetner) to sweeten some tea, or drink water.

I know... this sucks.

This is what I was going to say. Diet pop with the aspartame is way worse then the regular.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'd rather drink the real thing and take the extra calories for the shiz they put in diet crap!

When I "think" I NEED a pop, I just get the regular
  • mrsmangomum
    Options

When I "think" I NEED a pop, I just get the regular

Same here. I haven't had a Coke yet, but when I just have to have one I'll let myself have the real deal