Chalene vs. Jillian

Options
meg7399
meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
I currently do all my exercise with either Turbo Jams or Ripped in 30. Both give me AMAZING workouts and results (down 34 lbs so far!) However...one I love one I hate!!!
Chalene and TJ: She is up beat, positive, and works out with you!
Jillian and Ripped: Kinda mean, talks down to people, and she just stands there...she doesn't sweat with me!
So this is my rant...I hate Jillian and I LOVE Chalene!!!!

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Never done Chalene.
    But love Jillian. I've seen pics of her as overweight. Makes me feel like she knows what I'm going through.
    I love it when she yells at me. She's my drill sergeant :)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Chalene, but I do Bob Harper and Jillian. I don't like Jillian's style, and am considering turning off/down the volume to get through the workouts. I have no issues with the workouts themselves, just how she comes across. I really love Bob. Hate how hard he kicks my butt, but really like his style.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ive done 30DS and 6 week 6 pack along with some 20mins walk 4x week and eatting 1300 cal. diet from july 2011-dec 2011 and lost 20lbs.. just ordered Chalene turbofire and cant wait to loose these last few lbs and get some tone arms and abs like that women! :happy:
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Never done Chalene.
    But love Jillian. I've seen pics of her as overweight. Makes me feel like she knows what I'm going through.
    I love it when she yells at me. She's my drill sergeant :)

^^^^I agree I love Jillian. I feel like she's fighting it out with me. (I've never done Chalene, but I've heard she's boring) I'm doing JM Body Revolution and I love to hate her :laugh: But I also know that the severely overweight are her specialty and I feel like I can trust her because she has come from the same place I'm coming from physically.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I'm almost done with my workout, and have minutes to go, all I can think about is Jillian screaming at me -- YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE!!!! It's a bit motivating... but everyone has their own motivational ways :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So what is the point of the topic? If you don't like Jillian training method, don't do her DVDs..Its that simple. She isn't going to hold your hand if that is what you need. She is just brutally honest. That is my rant...Honestly, I could care less if the instructor is motivating or not. I workout for results, and Jillian delivers. Motivation comes from within not someone selling a product, IMO!
  • meg7399
    Options
    So what is the point of the topic? If you don't like Jillian training method, don't do her DVDs..Its that simple. She isn't going to hold your hand if that is what you need. She is just brutally honest. That is my rant...Honestly, I could care less if the instructor is motivating or not. I workout for results, and Jillian delivers. Motivation comes from within not someone selling a product, IMO!
    well aren't you a rather obnoxious person. The point was a small want that I don't like Jillian. Does it need to be spelled out more clearly for you? Of course I will continue using her DVD...great results...34lb never coming back. Gosh get a life and leave other people alone if you are just going to be like this!
  • meg7399
    Options
    I haven't tried Chalene, but I do Bob Harper and Jillian. I don't like Jillian's style, and am considering turning off/down the volume to get through the workouts. I have no issues with the workouts themselves, just how she comes across. I really love Bob. Hate how hard he kicks my butt, but really like his style.
    I use my laptop for my DVD. I mute the DVD and turn on my iTunes. I can rock out to my fav tunes while getting my booty kicked! Its a great workout, I just need her voice GONE!
  • meg7399
    Options
    ^^^^I agree I love Jillian. I feel like she's fighting it out with me. (I've never done Chalene, but I've heard she's boring) I'm doing JM Body Revolution and I love to hate her :laugh: But I also know that the severely overweight are her specialty and I feel like I can trust her because she has come from the same place I'm coming from physically.
    I would never call Chalene boring...goofy, energetic, corny...maybe. She gets into her music and talks with her group. Maybe she bothers people but she makes me get into it!!! Plus on my turbo jams DVDs there is an option to pump up the music and you don't really hear her...a nice feature!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    well aren't you a rather obnoxious person. The point was a small want that I don't like Jillian. Does it need to be spelled out more clearly for you? Of course I will continue using her DVD...great results...34lb never coming back. Gosh get a life and leave other people alone if you are just going to be like this!
    No it doesn't, but it seem like you need some sort of validation of your opinion. Obviously you know nothing about Jillian personally or me, but whatever.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    <3 Chalene. Jillian's not my "type" of instructor. ;)
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jillian's okay... I usually mute her and listen to music once I have the routine down though lol

I like Chalene though :) She's just so positive and encouraging, definitely motivates me more than Jillian does.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I never heard of chalene... but jillian will forever be my best friend. I love how mean she gets!

Rawr rawr
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I've completed the 30 Day Shred, and own most of Jillians DVD's. I also own and have completed all of Chalene's programs, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, and Turbo Fire. I much prefer Chalene! When I do some one ele's DVD, and then go back to Chalene, it's like coming back to an old friend! I love her upbeat postivity and awesome music. I love her teaching style. Both trainers give great results, I just don't feel like getting yelled at by Jillian, and her telling me how HARD the work out is. Yeah, I know, I'm sweating my butt off doing it, you don't need to keep tell me. Glad there are so many options out there, you gotta find your soulmate workout, and I found it with Chalene.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Do Bob and think he could possibly be the devil incarnate for how bad he make my thighs and butt sore from those lunges he's so fond of...:grumble:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I hate Jillian and LOVE Chalene as well! TJ & CLX rock, haven't done TF YET, but plan to after CLX.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I prefer Chalene. Jillian is too scary for me. Negative stuff doesn't motivate me.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ^^in body revolution jillian is saying how she wants you to rock out skinny jeans...how is that negative?
  • KellyH2012
    Options
    Never done Chalene but LOVE Jillian! Been doing her workout DVDs for over 2 yrs now & its the first workout I've ever "stuck to" I have several of Jillians DVDs and have really liked them all. I don't really give myself a chance to get bored with them because I rotate them all the time. I'm currently doing Ripped In 30 & have gotten AMAZING results with it. Probably the best yet. I love how JM pushes you every second of the way & reminds you to think about WHY you're doing this & that it doesn't come for free, you gotta WORK for it! Plus its only about 35 minutes long & you are sweating (at least I am anyway) by the time you're done with the first set of strength in circuit 1! And before you know it, you're into the 3rd circuit & telling yourself only some cardio & abs left & you're DONE!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options

Do Bob and think he could possibly be the devil incarnate for how bad he make my thighs and butt sore from those lunges he's so fond of...:grumble:

Lol! Yes..But I love that he makes my skin taut! ^_^