which food just grosses you out?

Options

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I hate sour cream, and sweet potatoes, sauer kraut, olives. Umm.. That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there're more.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    cooked mushrooms or any other 'slimy' food.

also, cottage cheese.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    okra every way you make it!!!
  • summerg514
    Options
    Hands down, mayonnaise. Just thinking about it makes me shudder!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I had some bad meatloaf when I was younger, I have avoided it since.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    wow so far everything listed, I like... or haven't tried... and just reading this is making me hungry. lol.
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    tartar sauce, mayo, buttermilk, cottage cheese..lol this list goes on...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Eggs and organ meats.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Even tried it with fruit and it was only marginally less-repulsive. I don't see how anyone can eat that stuff.
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pot pies...omg gross!!!! I wont even let pot pies in my freezer or in my house for that matter!!! And bananas unles its banana runts lol
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    All seafood and Mayo. Milk is actually the worst for me. They make me sick just looking at them.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    ... BEETS!!

6a01157142e48a970c013488153843970c-800wi
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Croquettes ( pureed meat with a fried breadcrumb shell). My host mother in Spain would make us eat them. Chicken and "lobster" ARE NOT MEANT to be the consistency of mashed potatoes. Nope!!

Also, cooked squash.

Bananas.

Squid.
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hate mayonnaise. I so totally discount mayo that I forget everybody doesn't feel the same way.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1. Eggplant (unless deep fried in pakora haha).
    2. Avocados (it's a texture thing).
    3. Shellfish (I want to try scallops one day tho)...this one is weird cuz I grew up on crab & halibut & salmon lol.
    4. Shrimp & prawns!!! (my mom once made me eat pregnant shrimp cuz she didn't believe me that there were eggs. That did it.)
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    pickles and jello. nasty nasty nasty.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I HATE onions. They are disgusting. Don't like the way they taste, smell or biting into one when I am eating. Sickening!

Me too! They taste like dirt and freezerburn to me. I like onion rings, but if an onion comes out of one, I have to stop eating it because I can no longer hide under the illusion that onions aren't in them...
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I can't think of one food that grosses me out so finding this thread to be hysterical!

I even like ponous which is made with buckwheat flour and the meat from a pigs head. Fried flat with some ketchup! Mmm. Perhaps that's why I need to be on MFP!
  • mandr97
    mandr97 Posts: 40
    Options
    Shrimp....and gummy worms. LOL, something about the texture.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupe.

This, plus watermelon.

Beef.

MUSHROOMS, ahh, their texture!

I'll second the cake batter ice cream. Cake-flavored anything that's not cake.

Tapioca and rice pudding, yogurt with stringy fruit in it - I'm a texture person and these are yucky to me.

Seafood that smells overly fishy, like scallops. Baaarf.

The idea of snapping into a crustacean creeps me right out, too.

Wow, ditto for me on ALL of the above, except for watermelon -- but with no salt. I've never understood why some people salt their watermelon. I could go on and on with a list a mile long. I'm probably one of the pickiest eaters alive. LOL