p90x and the diet guide

Options
I have been doing p90x for going on three weeks now. I have been tracking my calories every day since but I have not followed the given nutrition guide on the p90x program. I do feel a lot better but will I still get results? I have drastically changed my eating habits but I want to make sure that all my hard work will be enough with out following the diet plan.

Replies

• marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not following their nutrition guide either. To me it looked gross...so much meat :noway: Instead I just track my calories and try to get extra protein when I can. I haven't had shocking results yet but I'm only in week 5.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I did not follow the diet. WAY too many calories for me.

I'm on week 10, haven't lost a ton of weight...around 5-7lbs, but lost 4 jeans sizes. I have several friends that have done it, and they all said the most weight loss happens in Phase 3. So I'm hanging in there, trying to not get discouraged, (I will admit I'm getting frustrated!) . People here (on MFP) are really encouraging, "weight loss takes time, the slower you lose it, the more likely you will be to keep it off".

I feel stronger, and Tony is right, write down and keep track of your reps! I love seeing my progress in rep count, I was SO excited when I could finally hold the Crane position! My chiro told me to skip the phough/shoulder stance position, too much strain on the neck. He has done the program several times, totally loves it and is thrilled I'm doing it. He gives me pointers when I have questions.

Keep going!
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Im def going to stick with it just want to get the most out of it!