Pineapple on pizza

Haha this is funny my 11 year old purposely pours syrup on his eggs/sausage

and Pineapple on my pizza = heaven

But I totally understand!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Mayo. UGH it's always creeped me out. :(

Thank you. I thought I was the only one. It makes me gag just thinking about it.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Caviar. UGH--- slimy! The only thing that has ever caused me to have a gag reflex!
    oh, you poor dear. I feel for you... this is one of my faves.. rolling blinis at the russian tea room. mmmmmm
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Liver!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!! Horrible stuff!
  • Lmfloyd28
    Lmfloyd28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Meat ....of any kind.:sick:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i cant really think of one food that creeps me out..i may dislike a lot of foods, but i cant think of one..no, wait..whole fish in the store..its looking at me thru its dead body..thats kinda creepy..other than that, nothing i can really think of
  • squintana1979
    Options
    I'm definitely NOT picky but I ABSOLUTE HAVE TO draw the line of PINEAPPLE on PIZZA! Hell to the no!!!!:sick:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    For some reason, things like peanut butter on waffles really grosses me out. It smells like this ungodly concoction of maple-syrup-peanut-death and it's too rich and gross.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Growing up I was always the garbage disposal of the family so I haven't seen anything y'all listed that I wouldn't eat.

Somehow the Army found something I'll never try again. Veggie omelet in a MRE (meal, ready to eat). Shelf stable omelets??!! Blech!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with unauthorized mixing of sweet and savory:

Maple syrup touching any savory breakfast product
    Fruit/cottage cheese mixed
    The latest bacon/ sweet craze- Chocolate covered bacon, bacon cupcakes
    McGriddles
    Pineapple on pizza

Haha this is funny my 11 year old purposely pours syrup on his eggs/sausage

and Pineapple on my pizza = heaven

But I totally understand!!

I don't even like eating in restaurants at breakfast time. The smell of eggs and syrup mingling in the air is unholy. My grandma used to put ketchup on her pancakes. I think that is the foul root of my problem.
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Jello. I cannot and will not eat jello.

I remember going to too many church pot lucks where the adults insisted on filling your plate, and walking away with a wad of some horrid jello salad melting next to whatever was hot and watching my macaroni salad, roast beef, and green bean casserole floating in this sickening, sugary pool of red melted crap.

Gawd, I hate jello...

And then there's my southern relatives who "solve" the problem by putting an extra salad plate on the table.

I hate jello.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Celery, mayo, tofu, cantaloupe, buttermilk, cottage cheese if it doesn't have some sort of SF jell-O in it or protein powder to mask the salty flavor, olives, potato salad, steamed spinach, peas, the white fatty parts of meat (don't mind it cooking off but hate when I bite into something and get a piece of that), mac n cheese.. I could go on forever, I'm a picky eater.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, any egg that isn't scrambled or in a baked good, fish (any kind), blue cheese and mushrooms.

Somethings I have learned to love while getting healthy:

Bell peppers, broccoli, raw almonds, honey mustard and wheat thins
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    -Hotdogs. Eww, I would starve to death before I'd even think about eating one.
    -Ketchup
    -Green pepper. Just the smell of green pepper makes me sick.
    -Onion
    -any kind of gravy
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    menudo..... & haggis.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. It's the nastiest thing I've ever put in my mouth.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    danbobobo, do you really hate Jello?

tsh0ck is my hero for the Dwight Shrute pic!

I'm trying not to be scandalized by the bacon comment or those disparaging words spoken about waffles and peanut butter, but alas.

Gross foods:
    Runny egg whites
    Liver
    Octopus
    Oysters
    Mint and chocolate (Why? Why? Tell me WHY ruin perfectly good chocolate by putting mint in there?!?!?)
    Any kind of fat hanging on chicken. Doesn't bother me with beef or pork, but chicken fat grosses me out.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love so many of these things. Oysters are fantastic, blue cheese (or any stinky cheese) is wonderful, either on its own or with a bit of jam. Mushrooms, tofu, eggs, bell peppers, asparagus... all yummy. Brussels sprouts are amazing if done right (admittedly foul if done wrong).
    There are a few things I can't/won't eat. Frogs, catfish or any other animal I've kept as a pet. I don't like uni (sea urchin). I will happily stuff myself with almost any other type of sushi but I just can't do uni. Licorice anything. I've always hated it. Mayo just makes me gag.
    I used to be a picky eater. Then I met my husband and started trying new things because I wanted him to like me. For the most part, those things turned out to be tasty. And that's how I ended up here. Food became a pleasure rather than a necessity.
    Edit: I also have a cute/intelligent/tasty scale. Lambs are cute but not very smart and very tasty. I eat lamb. Octopods (the correct plural of octopus) are pretty cute, scary intelligent, and moderately tasty. I only eat octopus once a year, in the form of tokayaki, at JapanFest. I also avoid factory farmed anything. Pastured eggs/milk/meats just taste better to me.
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Cantalope's taste and smell. I like the thought of it - sunny and healthy but not the actuality.

Tongue. Calamari. Tripe. Sweet breads. Raw chicken with the skin still on it.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I can't stand blue cheese.

I second this!