Add Me :)

Options
Hi,
I'm Alex and I'm new to MFP. Recently, I relocated to a new country and it's been tough and stressful. There was a lot of fast food eating and too little working out. So... I put on 11kilos/22lbs. I've started a couple of weeks ago and have shed 6 of those but my journey is only beginning. I hope we can encourage each other all the way to our goal weights!

Add me :)

Replies

• Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm Shannon and I'm in a similar situation. I recently moved from the tropics to the pacific northwest and the combination of cold temperatures and a roommate who enables my love of street tacos and Thai food has led me to eating out almost daily.
  • asastry
    asastry Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Good to meet you. I am trying to lose about 20lbs myself. I have lost about 5 in one week. I also run everyday but use the adidas app and there is no way to sync to this.

Where did you move to?
    Adithya
  • LexiRed
    LexiRed Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Shannon! For me, it was that we constantly moved around and had no cooker/gas etc. So for the first two months we just ate out daily. That quickly became a habit even when we had the means to cook. It took time to get back to cooking but now I am facing the truth about just how much I gained! It was a shock. xD
    Well, it's great to meet you and hopefully we can remind each other to cook or at least choose healthier options to fast food.

Adithya, nice to meet you! I moved to the Emirates about an hour from Dubai. It's lovely but it's still been tough to settle in. I used to use the Nike app but lately I just walk/run for about 30-40 minutes.