33 year old (21 in spirit...lol) looking for MFP friends

Options
cz611
cz611 Posts: 37 Member
Hello, MFP world :flowerforyou: !!! My name is Carla and I was introduced to MFP this year, recently I started deleting some of my "quiet" friends :frown: . I'm completely addicted to this site. I'm consistently on my phone's app logging in my food/exercise. I'm looking for friendly people who will keep me motivated, allow me to steal ideas from their diary (occasionally...lol) and who will be honest with me when I mess up (unfortunately, it happens a lot), but I still hold myself accountable on my diary (which by the way, is open). I will definitely be returning the support...mmmhm...I sure will...it's a 2 way street!!! Just don't tell me that drinking beer once in awhile is bad because then I'll just have to cut you off :drinker: lol!

I have to have fun with this weight obstacle, I want to lose about 40lbs...ouch!!! Sometimes, I'm up for the challenge and feel like I'm 21 again....during other times, my kids suck the life out of me and I feel like I'm 84!!! (Have to keep it real....despite the harsh reality...lol:laugh: )

Few things about me: I'm married w/ 3 kids (youngest is 7 months), don't take myself too seriously, hate exercising (but I do it anyways), watch garbage reality tv shows, enjoy reading and love going to comedy shows....I live in northern California....yeah, buddy!!!

Please feel free to add me....looking forward to making new MFP friends!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tonimb77
    Tonimb77 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Carla,
    My name is Toni and I have just recently discovered MFP but am loving it so far. Only been on two weeks and am finding it extremely hard to stay under the whole calories thing(but I swear I'm trying) so you probably won't want to steal any diary tips from me. I'm also looking to lose about 40lbs. I'm a single working mom of two kids so finding time to excercise has been tough(most days I have just been using a step machine in my bedroom at night...lol) but I really want to get and stay in shape so could really use someone to help motivate me.
  • cz611
    Options
    Hi, Toni!!! Just sent a friend request your way! We can do this!!! We all have our down days when we feel like giving up or just too overwhelmed w/ LIFE....that's when you really have to stay strong! Take things one day at a time...that's all we can do, lady. Being on this site has really helped me push myself while exercising and has made me think twice about those sinfully delicious treats that I'm addicted to so much. I still indulge once in awhile....afterall, I am human and who can resist a brownie sundae....NOT ME!!!! I have learned that if I want to make poor choices in food, then I have to make better choices with exercise. After awhile, I realized that all those sweets I love, simply aren't worth all the hard effort I give while exercising....little by little, you'll learn to balance things out....all in due time. We can do this!!!
  • roxy77007
    roxy77007 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey girl...Welcome to MFP! I have been a member but never really utilized it. Trying to make a difference and log in everyday. HOpe to be friends and help motivate each other to stay on track! :)
  • cz611
    Options
    Roxy...just sent a request your way!!! We got this, girl!!! Woop woop!!!!
  • cz611
    Options
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp on and off for years with varying levels of success. I'm hoping that utilizing the community here will help me trim down, tone up, and actually keep it up.
  • cz611
    Options
    Shannon, just sent a request your way =)
  • christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi carla ...always looking for some new support ....sending u a request !!
  • cz611
    Options
    Sounds great, lady! I will definitely be a supportive friend =)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wendy here, will be 35 in 5 days (sigh), However I am also 21 in spirit. I am a mother as well-- 19 month old son! Just one child for me though. I started this January, and I am looking to lose another 55 lbs (already lost 41lbs). I'm pretty supportive, and will cheer you on! I'm in sunny Florida but lived in the great NW (oregon) for 10 yrs.

Add me! I am addicted to this site as well-- Whats this facebook I keep hearing about? LOL :D
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla! I'm also 33 and on MFP quite often. Just cleaned up my friends list again tonite. I'm happy to add someone that is active with an open diary. Feel free to add me :)
  • cz611
    Options
    Just added both of you ladies!!! Excited to be making more MFP friends =)
  • cz611
    Options
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Carla,
    Welcome to MFP. I am a 34 almost 35 year old mother of 6 and have enjoyed being here on MFP and making new supportive friends. Feel free to add me if you like, I try to get here at least once if not twice a day and I do have a ton of my own recipes that I think are yummy. :smile:

16301906.png
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me! We sound a lot alike! I am also 33 with 3 kids (ages 4,5,8). I am finally trying to dedicate time to MYSELF, and so far it has improved life overall! Sad to say, as a mother I almost feel guilty sometimes taking that time away from my family to exercise, crazy huh?? But I have been diligent and working out 5-6 days a week. Add me and we can encourage each other along the way! BTW, I also enjoy relaxing with a few michelob ultras, LOL!! :drinker:
  • tammy_maj
    Options
    Hi Carla,

I am a mother of 2 (17 and 11). I have been using the app on my phone for 65 days now and I have lost 11-12 pounds:) so proud of myself:happy: feel free to add me also, the more people the better:)
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have just recently started using this site daily. (Had it for a long time but never used it). Feel free to add me as I need all the motivation I can get. :)
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla - I have been on here sporadically, but just now getting back into the swing of things. I like your outlook and it looks like we have the same goals. I have an almost 9 month old as well, so trying to lose the baby weight. Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • Pnut1977
    Pnut1977 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello.....Carla....

My name is Ebony! Just started this week with the site and would like to be added with you. I also need help and postive modivation on my journey! Just now at lunch I weighed myself...and the darn thing said I gained 6 lbs :sad:

E.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im Melissa, 36 and mother to 3 kids under 10 (9,7,5) Ive been on MFP for a while now but got very consistent (and addicted) a few months back. Ive lost 30lbs so far and my goal is another 15. my food diary is open to my friends so check it out if you friend me (: