Tacos

Options
shannoninBC
shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
Man I've been having such a craving for tacos lately and sausages for that matter. How do you like to eat your taco?

Replies

• MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i have been buying the ortega taco kits and just using ground turkey instead of beef. can't tell the difference. I like them simple, just some shredded lettuce and a little tomato.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    grilled fish with pineapple habanero salsa and corn tortillas :-)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying the homemade fish tacos of of late
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    Man I've been having such a craving for tacos lately and sausages for that matter. How do you like to eat your taco?

I like tacos with tuna. I like to get down low close to the taco and let the juices run down my chin. I don't like sausages though.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    handmade fry-bread tacos with left-over chili, hot salsa, shredded greens, and plain yogurt
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This topic is going to go places you don't want it to, I know that for sure.

As for tacos, I prefer a pita stuffed with chicken and grapes.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i like taco's that taste like chicken
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options

Or is it?
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I think the messier the better
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

As for tacos, I prefer a pita stuffed with chicken and grapes.

THIS! I like my tacos nice & sloppy!!!:bigsmile: :laugh: :wink:
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I crave tacos often... we eat them often... modified of course... Generally we use ground turkey... But, I have found that I like ground chicken much better. I don't eat cheese, I load up on lettuce and tomato and onion... yum... And occasionally light sour cream. I also use lo carb tortillas. Or many times, I skip the tortilla and make a taco salad with just lettuce, tomato, onion, meat, & occasionally sour cream... If I prefer cheese, I use reduced fat feta. :)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    tacos de cabeza, guey!
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i have been buying the ortega taco kits and just using ground turkey instead of beef. can't tell the difference. I like them simple, just some shredded lettuce and a little tomato.

I hate ground turkey, and I always find that it's poor quality. I just use 96% lean beef from Trader Joes.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    On my knees, but sometimes on my back!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    On my knees, but sometimes on my back!
    :laugh:
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    chicken mushroom taco:
    1 whole wheat tortilla
    cook up some chopped chicken breast and diced mushrooms together (flavor however you want)
    put that on your tortilla
    then add: 2 slices of avocado, some diced tomato's and baby spinach

I had this a few days ago and it was really good cant wait to make it again! :)
  • tjkramer
    tjkramer Posts: 16
    Options
    Check out the current issue of Clean Eating magazine. They have some unique, healthy taco recipes.
  • tjkramer
    tjkramer Posts: 16
    Options
    chicken mushroom taco:
    1 whole wheat tortilla
    cook up some chopped chicken breast and diced mushrooms together (flavor however you want)
    put that on your tortilla
    then add: 2 slices of avocado, some diced tomato's and baby spinach

I had this a few days ago and it was really good cant wait to make it again! :)

Thanks for the recipe -- these sound great!!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I usually pick up two crunchy tacos (not with sour cream) and some hot sauce from Taco Bell about once a week. They're only 170 calories each. I can do that.

I also like Jack in the Box tacos (193 calories each and more than twice the fat of Taco Bell tacos), but the local establishment closed. That's probably a good thing, because I find those greasy little tacos irresistible.
  • lurkette
    lurkette Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There's an authentic Mexican taco truck that I pass by every day and it makes me very sad to be fat. But if I were to allow myself a taco, it would definitely have to be a whole wheat soft taco, and would include sliced chicken breast or lean steak strips, onions, fresh cilantro, spinach, avacado slices and maybe some pico de gallo for heat. I very rarely allow myself cheese. But they have recipes for either almond or cashew cheese that looks pretty good.
    As for the sausage, I like hillshire farm smoked turkey sausage. It's very tasty and a 2 oz piece (not as small as it sounds) is only 90 calories.