is it possible to not lose weight but lose inches?

Options
How does this work? My brain is telling me you cant loss mass without losing weight as well.

Replies

• JACKIEUNICE
    Options
    well it is possible if doing exercise at the same time. The better way will be to get weight at the same time of measurements and body Fat %. muscle weight more than fat!!!!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    definately possible especially when your near your goal weight and just focusing on muscle building. Weight can barely change but measurements will change alot!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes. 1 lb of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb of fat.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    How does this work? My brain is telling me you cant loss mass without losing weight as well.

Sure can, if you are exercising decently and feeding the workout properly.

You are asking the body to make improvements to the load you are putting it under.

So you can actually gain weight on a deficit when you start out jumping into it.

Your muscles start improving ability to hold glucose stores, and your exercise demands more. But that is only about 3lbs max, so not that much.

But yes, you can burn fat while gaining other things that would keep the weight the same.

But eventually, your body will have what it needs to match the load you are putting on it, so no more improvement there, so now the fat weight comes down.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yes yes and yes~ it is! my body composition has changed so much. ck out the other bikini pic from two months ago. only a couple lbs but i think it looks like a lot more than that. lift heavy!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Not all units of mass weigh the same.

A 3ft cube box of feathers does not weigh the same as a 3ft cube box of lead.

But, they will fall at the same rate if dropped out of the Tower of Pisa.
  • aionsnow
    aionsnow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yup, you need to increase your muscle mass. Muscle is more dense than fat so you can lose inches while staying your current weight.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Not all units of mass weigh the same.

A 3ft cube box of feathers does not weigh the same as a 3ft cube box of lead.

But, they will fall at the same rate if dropped out of the Tower of Pisa.

LOL, that's great!