better bar drinks?

hey, recently fell off the wagon of being healthy and I'm trying to get back on. Going out with the girls to party...anyone know so some not-so-horrible-for-you bar drinks? i hate beer (don't kill me!) so hard liquor is where i'm at. thanks!

Replies

• mybiketrip
    mybiketrip Posts: 239
    I know people are going to tell you wine, but who drinks wine at a bar? At least, it doesn't happen in alaska.

Ever since I've started dieting and getting serious about my health I've been DDing.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Diet mixers with your choice of alcohol. I like rum and diet cokes. Mixed drinks can be killer (think in the 500 calorie range). Most alcohol tends to be about 60 calories an ounce (and a shot is an ounce and a half).

Stay away from margaritas!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Jack and Diet Soda
    Gin and Diet Tonic
    7 and Diet 7

... hope you're not anti-diet soda ;-p
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    I love my vodka! LOL - but I have recently started drinking Skinny Sweet Tea Vodka- only 64 calories a drink. I mix with tea but some ppl like diet Sprite, or water. 64 calories a pop- yea, I can do that :)
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Shots, shots, shots!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Vodka with lime juice and club soda. One ounce vodka = 65 calories.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Skinny Sweet Tea Vodka <
    YES
    I like diet cherry coke and vanilla vodka. :)
  • Enoira
    Enoira Posts: 6
    My friend has a sneaky trick -- she packs Crystal Light (or any of those other drink powder mixes) and just orders whatever hardliquor on the rocks. :D
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Gin and soda water with a slice of lime.
    70 calories.
  • shots or mix with diet soda.

by shots though I mean like tequila or something... not some mixed grenadene thing or something like that (used to love fruit tingles shots, now they taste WAY to sweet and yuck and the amount of calories in something so small just isn't worth it
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Diet soda gets you drunk faster. Which is fine, if that's what you want.

Drink vodka with half tonic water and half soda water with a twist in a tall glass. Or, ditch the tonic water and go all soda water.

This one time, I had a fantastic night by having a shot of tequila and then a glass of water, (repeated about 12x). Warning: this works best with good tequila, not the ****ty kind.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    I'm with the others...hard liquor and diet drink of your choosing.
    However, because i like to log the quantity fairly accurately, i usually get a plain diet soda (or iced tea or whatever) and ask for the hard liquor in a shot glass...it gives me a better idea of count...and i either dump it (or part of it) in my coke, or drink and chase.

I've got to try that skinny sweet tea vodka!!
  • Vodka water with a bit of lime juice! sure diet soda has no calories but its so not good for you. drinking vodka waters gives you way less of a hangover too ;)