Any tone it up "ers" out there? Shredmill2.0

Options
Okay. I have been having a real hard time entering my excercie for HIIT treadmill workouts. To get detailed I warmed up at 3.5 mph for 5 min, walked 4.0 for 17 total, jogged 5.2 for 16 total then did the 60 sec sprints at 7.5 for 4 min total, cool down for another 5 min. of walking 4.0. In between those intervals (3 min walk, 2 min jog, 1 min sprint, 2 min jog,) there are 20 plyos of something (so total of (4) 20 plyos) to complete and 30-60 sec. breathers while walking. Now that is detailed. I entered all that on the excercise database and added all calories burned for a total of 270 (about 50 min workout). BUT then we all know intervals burn more calories and I've heard a 20 min interval workout is the same as a steady pace 40 min workout. Who knows how true that is as I am not an expert. So I took an average of mph and level of intensity I was working at and decided to enter running at 6mph for 40 minutes (on excercise database) and the total burned is 363. Now that's a huge difference for me. And I worked out for 50 min. not 40. I'm at a loss of what to do because NO I do not have a HRM and have heard those are basic in caluclations as well.

I guess what do YOU think should enter if YOU were me? If you do the TIU shremdill2.0 workout what do YOU enter? or does any of this even matter that much?

I am at my 10-15 lb plauteau. 5'2", 38 yrs old and 120. My problem is ab flab, love handles. I WANT it gone. I have worked out for 20 years. Started intervals for the past year but have never really beena s determined as now. I am getting up at 5:00 am every morning to workout and have never done that before. I am NOT seeing any results in 2 weeks SO i want to make sure I am entering my calculations right, thus this whole explanation. :ohwell:

Replies

• regthelittleone
    Options
    Hey girly, I have had the same trouble adding in HIIT workouts also ( 20 -30 min) daily. I would love to know how the enter that into the data base also. ( GIRL YOU ROCK)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Hey girly, I have had the same trouble adding in HIIT workouts also ( 20 -30 min) daily. I would love to know how the enter that into the data base also. ( GIRL YOU ROCK)

Hopefully someone replies. :ohwell: Loved the responses on your topic. It really helped!!!!
  • criscros08
    Options
    HELLO YOU TWO. I SEE NO ONE REPLIED.... I DONT HAVE THE EXACT ANSWER EITHER BUT WOULD JUST DO IT APPROX. THE MOST IMPORTENT THING IS YOU DID A GREAT WORKOUT AND SWEATED FOR 50 MIN. FUEL YOUR BODY AFTERWARDS WITH GOOD FOOD AND YOU WILL BE OK. ARE YOU BOTH STILL ON THE PLAN? LOVE THE WORKOUTS THEY HAVE ON YOUTUBE. ACTUALLY STARTED 7 DAY SLIM DOWN TODAY! WANT TO JOIN ME? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE PLAN? TAKE CARE. CRIS
  • sunnylovelyday
    Options
    Hey :) I think it doesn't matter if you approximatively estimate the number of calories burned as long as you don't over-estimate them.
    I'm considering trying the 7 day slim down plan from TIU but I can't find it anywhere and I really don't have the money to buy it, as I don't know if it'll work for me and stuff... Would anyone be kind enough and send it to me ? :D
    I'll be thankful forever aha ^^
    Take care everybody ! Bye :)
  • mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sunny, I'd for sure send you the file...but not quite for free ;) It was a hefty price tag but I certainly wouldn't ask for $150! They also sent a new 5 day slim down plan which is geared more for summer, with lots of fruit...I can't wait to try it
  • Haileyybrookee
    Haileyybrookee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm with TIU. I'm going to be trying the 5 day slim down next.