I'm new and in grad school

Options
Hey All,

I just joined the site. I began graduate school a year and a half ago and quickly grew too large for my pants with added stress and less free time when studying took over the time I usually had after work to exercise.

I am looking to slim back down to my pre-student size, and would love some friends on the site to chat with.

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I gained quite a bit of weight as a grad student and even more when I was a full time student and a full time employee.

Welcome to the site! It's a great place to track how you're doing and find supportive people.
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was in a similar boat myself until I joined MFP. 5 Years of full-time college & working 20-40hours a week. I definently added on the pounds!
  • hugthefish
    Options
    I'm starting grad school in the fall and I'm trying to get a head start on the new situation weight gain. I gained a lot in undergrad and want it all to go away. Feel free to add me and good luck with your journey here.
  • jeromecab
    Options
    Well i'm not in grad school but i work a lot of hours. If you stick to the calories set when you you started, you should be fine. I'm a male and have tried every diet there is. Since I've joined MFP, I have lost 17 lbs and haven't craved for anything. When you can eat what you like and only what the calorie count, it works better. I find myself exercising more just to add calories but i don't eat them all. It will work for you too. Just stick with it.
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Fellow grad student here. I started school in the fall and joined MFP in January. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • kwehrheim
    Options
    I'm also in grad school, feel free to add me.
  • hnjoubert5379
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm currently finishing my second semester back in school after a few years and understand how stress and time constraints can effect your ability to maintain or lose weight. I'm still trying to shuck off the pounds from my first go round in college. I've only been on here for a few weeks and I'm feeling better than I have in years. I hope you do well and feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • jonessa
    jonessa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    I recently went back to school and I know it's pretty tough. I've had this account for a year now, but it's just been collecting dust. I'm glad I found it again. Good luck to you! & add me as a friend if you'd like! :]