Belly Fat

Options
So I am losing weight, and it's not too fast, so that's good. But my belly fat is not disappearing as quickly as I would like. I fear that it wont go away at all. I have a lot of friends getting wrapped, and that looks like it works, but I just don't know how it stays like that. I want my tummy toned up, and I know I won't look like I did in High School, but some semblance would be nice. Any suggestions for good toning techniques for the lower belly (and maybe thighs) that actually work??

Replies

• cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kinda have the same issue but i have seen my tummy go down... ive been woking aloit on my lower abbs My absolute favorite excercise for lower belly is..idk what its called lol But i saw it on a youtube video......You lay down on your back and you grab a ball (those big balls they have at the gym that you can sit on asw andell) I usually go with a smaller one and you put it btween your feet and squeez! this helps your inner thighs and lift up your legs up and down while you have the ball btween your feet that works your abs so you work our two muscles with one excercise!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    the belly fat is the last to go. easiest to gain, hardest to lose... :P I find that cardio will burn the fat, but if you want to make sure you stay firm you 'll need to do weights...
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't really target specific areas. Belly fat is typically the last to go. Keep working at it and once you lose enough weight it'll start to drop off your mid section.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You can't lose fat in a specific area, or "spot reduce." it is pretty much genetically determined where your weight comes off (my waist could fit in size 6, my thighs disagree. So frustrating. Just have to reduce overall body fat until your body has no choice but to get rid of its favorite stockpile.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The general rule of thumb and it has been proven true with me is that weight loss goes in reverse to how you gained it. So the last place you gained will be the first you lose .. and well belly fat just ends up being the last to go. It took me FOREVER to really see a difference and now my body doesn't have many places to lose from so it's dropping mostly from the belly. You just have to be patient and know that eventually it will come off.
  • tippietoes
    Options
    the belly fat is the last to go. easiest to gain, hardest to lose... :P I find that cardio will burn the fat, but if you want to make sure you stay firm you 'll need to do weights...

Interestingly enough, my stomach was the first area that reduced in size. I just want smaller thighs dammit!
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Interestingly enough, my stomach was the first area that reduced in size. I just want smaller thighs dammit!

Hmm im assuming yourr pearshaped? same issue here :/
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Amen (unfortunately) to that. Every part of my body had noticeably slimmed down before my belly decided to join the party. There's still a fair bit of it to go, but funnily enough, one side is melting away faster than the other. Hurry up left side belly!
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    having the same problem, I have pretty much lost weight all over except this durn belly!:grumble: I thought maybe it was because I had 3 c-sections....not giving up though! slow and steady even a few plateaus!! life is good! :glasses:
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Amen (unfortunately) to that. Every part of my body had noticeably slimmed down before my belly decided to join the party. There's still a fair bit of it to go, but funnily enough, one side is melting away faster than the other. Hurry up left side belly!

I thought it was just me that has one side of my belly melting away faster than the other! It looks so bizarre. :laugh:
  • geoffjball
    Options
    Agreed.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a calorie deficit and working out. Evidently, those wraps may help you shed some water weight, but your post is about belly FAT, right? Not belly water.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Try to find a whacky old scientist with a DeLorean. Go back in time and get your mom to bang someone with better genes.

Problem solved.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

This. You can't spot reduce, so don't even try.
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your comments are encouraging (mostly~I was pretty sure it was gonna be the toughest~but now it's confirmed ;) lol) I have noticed slimming in my face and ankles, so thats a start! And I have met my first plateau, too! With Easter right around the corner, it will be interesting to see what happens! I know I will be working out a lot harder/longer, because I gave up sweets for Lent, and now I will be able to eat them again. I just have to reign myself in, and not go over-board! (easier said than done!) Thank you so much for your comments! Feel free to look me up! :)
  • tippietoes
    Options

Hmm im assuming yourr pearshaped? same issue here :/

Hmm.. not sure if I'm a pear or hourglass. My bust & hips are about the same and I have a smaller waist- 38-30-39.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I concur!!!!!!!!