Pancake Recipes W/O Cream Cheese, Cottage Cheese, and Butter

I've had a pancake hankering for weeks now, but have yet to come across a moderately low carb, low-no sugar, low calorie recipe... Any one have a good one? Other breakfast pastry recipes also appreciated!

Replies

• prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    I do blueberry protein pancakes, but you can minus the protein powder if you like!

So you will need:
    1/2c of wholemeal self raising flour (or 1c if not using protein powder)
    1/2c protein powder (I use vanilla)
    1c almond milk
    4 egg whites
    1/2c frozen blueberries(optional)
    1 tbsp LSA (optional)
    1 tbsp Chia seeds(optional)
    20g Splenda(optional) -or honey, or brown sugar

Enjoy :-)
  • Thank you! Will try that-- Where do you buy the self rising flour? Is that a common ingredient?
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Thank you! Will try that-- Where do you buy the self rising flour? Is that a common ingredient?

I live in Australia and yes it's a common ingrediant. I guess you could use plain flour.
  • EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    Protein Pancakes:

1/3 C. old fashioned oats
    1/3 C. cottage cheese (I use 1% or 2%)
    1 whole egg PLUS one egg white
    1/8 tsp. baking powder
    Dash of vanilla
    Dash of cinnamon

I make these protein pancakes pretty often, they really hit the spot for me. =) I don't add any sugar to the mixture, just about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla. Blend everything together (I use my magic bullet, huzzah) -- a must, otherwise it'll be too chunky and not at all like pancake batter. Cook like normal pancakes.

Calories: 262
    Carbs: 23
    Fat: 9
    Protein: 21

And yes, the entire recipe is for ONE person. =) Makes 3 large-ish pancakes! I top them with delicious fruit of some kind. This morning it was warm cinnamon apples.
  • EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm an idiot! I didn't see that the title said no cottage cheese. Sorry, my bad. :embarassed: