Joined MFP January 2012

Options
jaysonhijinx
jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
I joined MFP at the start of the year after making the New Years Resolution NOT to lose weight, but to take a full year to work on all aspects of my life. Social interactions and friendships, my career and of course my health and fitness.

I had been heavy for a while, more stocky looking than overweight looking but that changed when I injured my knee during a basketball which ended my season early and left me just sitting around eating junk, playing computer games and watching tv.

First weigh in was about a week after starting but I registered just over 110kg (242.5lbs). Today I weighed in at 92.5kg (203.9lbs) giving me a loss of mass of 17.5kg (38.5lbs).

I've also dropped down 2 full pants sizes and am nearing another (I *have* to have a belt on and when I tighten it up my work trousers bunch up a bit around the belt loops) and am down 3 shirt sizes too and have start wearing European/slim cut shirts.

Below is a before and after shot. The before picture taken at a music festival in Sydney in September 2011 and the after picture was taken 30 minutes ago.

stageone.jpg

I named the file "Stage One" as it represents the first stage of my health and fitness journey. A lot of the fat has melted away but there's still more to go and lean muscle to build (I've recently started lifting 3 times a week) to fill out all the saggy parts.

I definitely have to give thanks to MFP.com for a great tool to track food and exercise and the great people on my friends list for their awesome encouragement and support.

Here's to the next stage!

PS - I'm still aiming to cut down a lot of weight - goal weight is somewhere between 75-80kg (165-175lbs) of lean muscle so I can sprint up and down that court and hopefully be able to dunk in game again xD

Replies

• cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! Keep up the amazing work, because you look amazing! :heart:
  • lvnnena
    lvnnena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story! Congrats on your new weight. I can't wait to see the new me. Your such a positive inspiration. Thanks for sharing your journey.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Way to go!!!! :drinker:
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    Thanks!! :)

Can't believe I used to put it off thinking it was too much hassle or too hard. Yes, the first couple of weeks were a struggle, but it's definitely gotten easier over time to the point where I feel like I have too much energy if I don't do some form of exercise!

All I can say from personal experience - if you're just starting out and it seems tough, keep pushing through cause it will get easier before you know it!
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story! Congrats on your new weight. I can't wait to see the new me. Your such a positive inspiration. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Keep at it, you'll get there! Good luck!!
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Good for you for taking such a holistic approach. You have done amazing with your weight and health. I am sure all the other aspects are going equally as well!!
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And I know how hard you work. You're doing great!
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    Thanks Donna for all your support along the way!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm actually a bit jealous! x3. Good for you, son. <3.
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lookin good! Keep up the great work. I hope you feel amazing about yourself, physically and mentally. It's such a great feeling!
  • nikkicat101
    Options
    Woot woot!!!!!! That's inspiring........Congratulations
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    Thanks! :)

Still more to go but it's encouraging knowing I'm on the right track! :D
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    With your attitude you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and those slim fit European shirts.....MMmmmm!
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep it up!
  • 43freckles
    43freckles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OMG well done, you are great proof that this site works :smile:
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    With your attitude you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and those slim fit European shirts.....MMmmmm!

Well I do have to give you thanks for your support and advise as well - you've definitely been a great help!
    you look great! keep it up!

Thanks! Definitely gonna keep it up. Don't want to let the work that's already been done go to absolute waste (again)!
    OMG well done, you are great proof that this site works :smile:

Thank you! Tracking food and exercise in a diary was definitely a great idea and adding the community section to so that people could support others was just the icing on the cake, hehehe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!