Chia-cashew protein cookies (gluten free, 67 calories)

Options
snugglesworthjr
snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
DSCF1900.jpg

I asked my friends on here for inspiration for something to bake. Feathil sent me a link to some chia seed-peanut butter cookies that looked yummy, but were full of sugar and next to no protein. So I modified the recipe (more like gave it a complete makeover) and this is the fantabulous product of that venture.

80g really ripe banana, mashed (1 small banana)
1/4 cup rice milk (or any other kind of milk)
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/4 tsp vanilla seed paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup Optimum Nutrition vanilla-flavored 100% whey protein powder
6 tsp coconut flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp Betta Sweet (natural 0-calorie sweetener. can sub with real sugar or splenda)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

In one bowl, mix together the banana, milk, cashew, vanilla seed paste, and honey. In another bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Combine both bowls. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to measure out dollops of the batter onto the cookie sheet spaced 1.5-2 inches apart from each other. Bake @ 350F (180C) for 12 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Can I just say, these cookies might as well be called crack. They're packed full of awesome ingredients that are nutrition powerhouses, they're dense, soft, sweet (but not too sweet), and fantastically yummy! Every time I walk by them it is literally a battle of willpower not to shove 5 of them into my mouth. And this recipe makes over two dozen cookies! Oh god, my mouth is watering just writing about them... Maybe I'll go into the kitchen for one more... just one...

Makes 27 cookies
Per cookie:
67 calories
8.1g carbs
3.3g protein
2.7g fat

Replies