New and need to lose 65lbs

Options
Hello I just joined this site. I really want to lose the weight. Its been a battle for the last 15 yrs for me to lose it and keep it off. The last 4 yrs i have been over 200lbs and I am 5'2. I am 46 yrs old and in surgical menopause. I eat when I am happy, sad, depressed, overjoyed, mad you name it and I'll eat. I want to change this once and for all. I have many health issues that would improve if I can eat healthy and lose weight. Any info or support would be greatly appreciated :bigsmile: .

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Here for you!!! turned the big 50 this year and about 170lb's and DETERMINED to release the blob!!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started at 210 pounds, and I'm 5'3. You can totally do this. The main piece of advice I'd have is, if you ever fall off for a bit, just get right back on as fast as possible. Changing your habits overall doesn't mean that one "bad" meal is the end of your life. It's a process. It gets easier.

I started because of all the health problems my mother has. I do not want those issues!

Good luck.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    I was exactly where you are today so I know now you feel! If you stick to it you will succeed! You have made a wise choice in taking control just remember to mind your numbers and get some exercise in.

I wish you a great day!

I log in everyday so feel free to ad me to cheer you on!
  • droberts3311
    Options
    With you on this. I would like to lose 10 - 15 more but coming off sloooooooow. More on the clean healthy eating. Very upsetting as to what you find in foods ( or what they call food) today. One day, meal or event at a time. That is how I keep moving forward. I make deals with my self all the time. Like if I am going to watch tv I have to be doing something, like hooping or floor exercises. If I am going to eat cake, only half a piece. Last nite I had a cup of vanilla ice cream with mango and after I jumped on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Just to keep moving! Good luck you are not alone.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can be there for you and motivate you. I am 5'1" and just started my weight loss journey on Wednesday. My starting weight is 201 and I want to get down to 115. I have a long ways to go but I weighed myself today and I had lost 1.4 lbs. It was exciting to see that first pound go bye bye. You can do it. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • wanda_50
    wanda_50 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome!! I will be 50 this summer, need to lose a total of 113 lbs. I have lost 23 just getting the motivation from some wonderful people on this site. You can do it!! Add me if you wish.
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a great web site to help you lose the weight. I joined the end of September 2011 with a goal to lose 50 pounds. So far, I have lost a total of 21 pounds. It can be done, you can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like some encouragement and support. Good luck! :)
  • CharlotteEBx
    Options
    You can do it if you put your mind to it!! This site/app has really helped me and I am doing it for the next 16 weeks before I go on holiday to Turkey so that I will feel confident in a bikini. I feel having a goal really helps me like this one as it gives me the motivation I need. :smile:
  • susieq_pt
    susieq_pt Posts: 12
    Options
    Weight loss isn't easier but with determination it can be done. I lost over over 100 pounds over 10 years ago by increasing exercise, watching what I eat, and making healthy choices. I have put 40 pounds back on and am now determined to get at least 20 of it back off. With support and encouragement we can all change our lives!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You can do it and MFP can help.
    I'm 61, started at 230 pounds and have lost 60 pounds so far. Logging calories with MFP has helped, but am also pretty active. I joined Jazzercise after Christmas and it has accelerated the weight loss and trimmed me down. When you can add exercise to food logging it really helps both the progress and attitude, In my experience.
    Good Luck!
  • Amerka
    Amerka Posts: 10
    Options
    MFP is a great tool to assist you. Keep up your hard work and keep to your goals and you WILL reach your desired weight.
  • WoodsyMama
    WoodsyMama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I joined 5 days ago and so far so good. I am 5'4" and 207 lbs.; my weight loss goal is 60 lbs. When I retired 5 months ago, I promised myself that I would exercise a minimum of 3x per week. I have surpassed this goal and learned to love exercise again. As for the food part, I love to cook so MFP has been a terrific tool in helping me track meals, snacks, and exercise. The support from fellow members is simply amazing and truly appreciated. So, let's do it together, OK?
  • tsegears
    tsegears Posts: 94
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've come to the right place for support and motivation. I agree with all the posts, we all have a story to tell. I'll be 55 yrs. old on the 27th and I want to lose 24 more pounds. I'm 5'5" and I started at 185 lbs. I wasn't happy and turned here because I wanted my change to be a lifestyle change that would become a part of my daily existence. I've tried diets before and fell out the wagon more times than I care to remember. I fall off here, but I get up immediately, and start tracking everything and start holding myself accountable. The key is to track everything you eat. This way you will see if you are on target or off and you can make the adjustment. And remember you have all the support you need right here!

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jannee65
    jannee65 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it. :bigsmile: