I had no idea how many calories ....

Options
a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is!! WOW!!!

Who else is shocked at a certain food and which one?

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    anything with a lot of fat in it! eeek!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter for sure. I hate how calorically dense it is!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is!! WOW!!!

Who else is shocked at a certain food and which one?

I don't eat those, however, just to satisfy my curiosity lol, how many calories is it?
  • HazelsMama
    HazelsMama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree! I ate 1 today & it was worth it but they are high. A servIng (2tbs) of PB is like 150cals, jelly is 50 cals (1tbs) & my bread is 40cals a slice but I think most breads are in the mid 100's!!! It's a lot for something that isn't all that satisfying. But my biggest shocker was how high all fast food is!! There's like no okay choice, it's all SO high for anything. Kind of depressing sometimes when you really just want that specific item from that 1 joint
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yes I was shocked the other day when I saw that a large moccachino is over 300 calories and that's without the added sugar!
  • N6mqq
    N6mqq Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a fix, and you still get the PB&J. Instead of regular bread at 220 calories for 2 pieces, use the sandwich thins at 100 calories. MEASURE your peanut butter. I found that I only need 1 Tbl for a sandwich thin, and according to my jar of peanut butter a regular serving is 2 Tbl, so you've saved half of a serving. Finally, I make my own jam/jelly. It takes 10 minutes max. Ball sells pectin that you can use to make 2 cups of jam at a time, so no canning is involved. I use 2 cups of fruit, 1 cup of sugar (two-thirds what is normally used) and 5 minutes later you jam. So you now have a PB&J for under 225 calories.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a fix, and you still get the PB&J. Instead of regular bread at 220 calories for 2 pieces, use the sandwich thins at 100 calories. MEASURE your peanut butter. I found that I only need 1 Tbl for a sandwich thin, and according to my jar of peanut butter a regular serving is 2 Tbl, so you've saved half of a serving. Finally, I make my own jam/jelly. It takes 10 minutes max. Ball sells pectin that you can use to make 2 cups of jam at a time, so no canning is involved. I use 2 cups of fruit, 1 cup of sugar (two-thirds what is normally used) and 5 minutes later you jam. So you now have a PB&J for under 225 calories.

Or you can use Sara Lee's 45 Calorie wheat bread, 1 table spoon of All Natural Peanut Butter and fresh sliced Strawberries for under 200 calories.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    kinda shocked when I looked up clementine cuties earlier. 40 calories each. That's not a whole lot but when you eat a few of them it adds up. I thought they were a lot less because they are really tiny and I feel like they are mostly water. oh well! At least they are a very healthy snack :happy:
  • andieb75
    andieb75 Posts: 26
    Options
    I was shocked that a medium gala apple has 90 cals and so much sugar!
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree! I ate 1 today & it was worth it but they are high. A servIng (2tbs) of PB is like 150cals, jelly is 50 cals (1tbs) & my bread is 40cals a slice but I think most breads are in the mid 100's!!! It's a lot for something that isn't all that satisfying. But my biggest shocker was how high all fast food is!! There's like no okay choice, it's all SO high for anything. Kind of depressing sometimes when you really just want that specific item from that 1 joint

I agree with this! I truely believe one of the things that makes us as a nation so overweight is our "convenient" fast food! It is ridiculous how high it is! And not all that satisfying. And I usually get the kids portions and they are even high.