Needing Low calorie breakfast ideas

Options
Heyy all! I'm looking for some low calorie breakfast ideas!!! Helppppppp

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    On days I work I have either:
    shake & piece of fruit (I use GNC Total Lean shakes)
    oatmeal (love Oat Fit 100 cal pack) & piece of fruit (My fav is cinnamon roll w/a sliced apple stirred in)
    yogurt, almonds & fruit
    cottage cheese & fruit

When I'm off work I have either:
    egg white omelette with spinach & mushrooms & fruit (My favorite)
    egg whites, turkey sausage and cheese omelette & fruit

I buy the cartons of egg whites or Egg Beaters.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Smoothies made with plain greek yogurt and frozen fruit.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Most weekdays I take two boiled aggs and some fruit to work, keeps me satisfied until lunch :)
  • WMLifting
    Options
    a large apple, 2 hard boiled eggs, and black decaf coffee should keep you full for a while
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com - great ideas here - I make on Sunday some of the egg dishes and split out for the week!
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit like apples and strawberries
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Porridge omelet.

30g of porridge oats toasted in a pan then mixed with 60ml almond milk, 3 egg whites and a slice of ham (chopped).

All in its under 200 calories. If you want a bit more calories for breakfast serve it with some low fat cottage cheese.
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie, almond milk, protein powder and usually some frozen fruit.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    Porridge. Ridiculously low calorie considering how good it is for you, and completely sugar-free unlike most breakfast cereals.
  • kjm827
    kjm827 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are the best. An egg white only has about 17 calories and is packed with protein. You can boil a whole bunch at a time and have them easily on hand. Have just a couple of egg whites with a bowl of low-sugar oatmeal and you'll easily have less than 200 calories. You could also had a half a banana to the oatmeal for a super healthy start to the day and still only about 250 calories.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Most weekdays I take two boiled aggs and some fruit to work, keeps me satisfied until lunch :)

That's exactly what I eat!! :love:
  • jeichacker
    jeichacker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, comes in Maple Brown Sugar or Cinnamon or Banana Bread. 160 calories, 3g fat, 6g fiber, 7g protein. 1 packet is very filling!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I not sure what you would consider low calorie. Can go with Turkey sausage patty, Egg beaters 1/4 cup fried, and put it on sandwich.

Patty 90 cal
    Egg 30 cal
    Bread 120 cal
    Can even get the lower calorie bread too.
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, comes in Maple Brown Sugar or Cinnamon or Banana Bread. 160 calories, 3g fat, 6g fiber, 7g protein. 1 packet is very filling!

^^^^ Good stuff... keeps you full!
  • bajannadz
    bajannadz Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all!!! such great b'fast ideas :D!
  • cybillzimmer
    cybillzimmer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't laugh... but I often eat a can of tuna and 5 crackers for breakfast. It's under 200 calories and it keeps me from morning snacks!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I just had a plain rice cake with 2 tablespoons of peaunt butter and BIG ole glass of water!

225 calories

Lovin' the protein!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It is good weight conscious practice to have 350 to 500 calorie breakfast that includes 15k protein within an hour of waking. This let's your body know it wont "starve" that day, and that it's OK to begin burning calories. Source = Prevention Magazine.
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have Oikos Fat Free Honey Yogurt mixed with some Jello Sugar Free chocolate pudding. 190 Calories: tastes like chocolate mousse! YUM! And very filling. Also add a piece of fruit.