Not your average NSV!

Options
I'm going to be very honest - I enjoy my alcohol. I enjoy going out with my friends and having a couple beers! Well, my sister is home visiting, so yesterday after work we went to get sushi (and a mai tai). We had a great time catching up, and then decided to meet a couple friends out for a few beers. By the end of the night, I had a nice buzz (don't worry, I wasn't driving) and my sister and I got home pretty late. I finally crawled into bed around midnight, dreading the fact that I had to wake up at 5:30 to workout, then work my full time job AND part time job today. The old me would have say "SCREW the workout!" and sleep in until I had to get ready for work - But I didn't say "screw it!" - I woke my sleepy @ss up and did my Insanity workout!!

It's just feels so good to actually see the attitude change: working out is now more important to me than those extra 60 minutes of sleep! And although that may not sound like much to some... It is a HUGE victory for me!! :drinker:

Replies

• kellik0419
    Options
    That is awesome! I felt the same way last Saturday morning when I drug myself to the gym after imbibing in some spirits the night before. ;-)
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :) I need to get better at that mindset. Insanity looks interesting to me, how do you like it? Great job waking up and sticking to your plan! :))
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. I workout so that I can have that glass of wine at night.
  • rkpixler
    rkpixler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, good for you!!!!!
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good job partner!! I'm getting mine in this afternoon!!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    :) I need to get better at that mindset. Insanity looks interesting to me, how do you like it? Great job waking up and sticking to your plan! :))

I love Insanity!.. Well, it's more of a love/hate relationship if I am to be completely honest with you! Haha. It's a really tough workout, but man does if feel good once you're done!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Awww that's awesome! Nice work!
  • ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear. Certainly no one should tell us that life must be stopped living because we now have health and fitness goals. Quite the opposite, we should be enjoying a more fuller life now! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!