Turbo fire sneakers

Options
becujo
becujo Posts: 26 Member
Hi I have Brooks sneakers I love for running but I need to pick up crosstrainers. I just got my copy of turbo fire and would love to hear any sneakers others love for this workout. I have a neutral foot but worry about foot cramping when doing high impact aerobics. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I use Asics (gels)-they have a good cushion, and work really well for all the jumping around:)
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Would you know the specific model name of your Asics gel? Is it Gel Blur TR33? I see google reviews recommend that one. Thanks so much ;)
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire, Insanity, Jillian Micheal's Body Revolution, etc...and these are the bomb!

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-462983/pgid-540701

The Nike Free TR Fit 2 are the best trainers I've ever owned and I've owned a LOT of shoes :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I use New Balance Minimus Cross Trainers for Muay Thai. The class requires a ton of moving/mobility and direction changes.
    Plus a lot of drills like burpees, jump squats, regular jumping, skipping rope, running/etc.

These work perfectly. What makes them so good is their light weight, flat soles, and very very neutral heel drop. Plus they fit like a sock, so there's no slipping around inside the shoe.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Shox for Turbo Fire, Insanity or any high impact excercise.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Chalene recommends cross trainers, but I found running sneaks work the best for me for her workouts. I've had a lot of luck with Nike's Pegasus model, because they've got an air module in the forefoot, as well as in the heel. My feet will go numb during TurboFire without the extra forefoot cushioning.
  • acubides
    acubides Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the good ideas. Do you find your sneakers to be true to size or feel that you have to go up half a size?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bump