Love the Keurig

Options
kenlad64
kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
I love the Keurig. Nothing like a big bold cup a fresh coffee, anytime of the day. Currently enjoying "Emeril's Big Easy Bold". But I am looking into other bold options and I thought I'd ask the fine highly intelligent and sophisticated folks of MFP what they are putting in their Keurig and what are some suggestions for a great "cup a joe" that is on the BOLD side. Thanks for your time.

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    BOLD -

Sorrento - Wolfgang puck
    Sumatran Researve - Green Mountain

I always have to add a splash more half and half when I use these to cut the boldness even when using the largest cup setting.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hmmm Not sure..just had to comment because.

1.) I love my keurig!!!!!
    2.) I like bold coffee but thought that particular one was gross
    3.) I wanna see the replys :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love mine too!!! I'm still working with Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K-Cups I stocked up on....I do like the Hazelnut ones.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own Extra Bold Special Blend - My fav.
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love it and I only like the BOLD selections.

Green Mountain - Dark Magic
    Green Mountain - French Roast
    ? - Italian Roast
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Yeah Green Mountain is fab.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Love my Keurig. I enjoy- Green Mountain Dark Magic & Kona blend. Love a strong cup of "Joe."
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wolfgang Puck coffees, hands down, they have the best flavor. I think they have several "dark" varieties... Sorrento, Sumatra, French Roast... Amazon has some great pricing, I think you can get about 48 Kcups for around 23 bucks, free shipping if you go over 25. Loving my Keurig too!!!
  • kenlad64
    Options
    I have liked the starbucks sumatra and newman's own bold extra special blend, both were pretty good. I was looking at something called "Coffee People Jet Fuel", and I was thinking about trying that one....
  • wooder1958
    Options
    Ditto the Green Mountain Dark Magic and Sumatran Reserve. We love bold coffee too! Also, for a 60 calorie treat to curb your sweet tooth (if you have one) try the Chai Latte. It is delicious!
  • wherrity
    wherrity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love my Keurig also. We have had a couple of different brewers over the last 3 years.

A quick note about Keurig "BOLD" coffees. A K-cup that is marked "Extra Bold" means it has more grounds in the cup. There are versions of medium and dark roast coffees that come in the "Extra Bold" variety. Now if you looking for even more grounds packed into the K-cup look for a Brew over Ice - Iced Coffee version.

All that being said my favorite "Extra Bold" is Green Mountain Coffee (GMC) - Dark Magic.
    Also Donut Shop Coffee makes an "Extra Bold" Medium Roast I like

Another one I liked that has been discontinued was GMC Extra Bold Hazelnut Dark Roast.

Other Dark Roasts I like are GMC Lake and Lodge,

Also if you want to have an "Extra Bold" coffee you can always use 2 K-cups and reduce the amount of water through each.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have liked the starbucks sumatra and newman's own bold extra special blend, both were pretty good. I was looking at something called "Coffee People Jet Fuel", and I was thinking about trying that one....
    I have some of that Jet Fuel and I find the Newman's is actually stronger. It's not bad, but not great.
  • kenlad64
    Options
    Looks like a lot of good reviews of Green Mountain Coffee (GMC) - Dark Magic. Going to have to look into that one!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    K cup - Starbucks french roast.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    you can also use your own coffee! if you are a cheapskate (like me) you can look up on youtube how to re-use the k-cups. if you dont mind spending a few extra bucks up front, you can buy the "my k-cup" thingy and fill it with whatever coffee you want! it actually pays for itself after a bit because the mark up on the kcups is so high. and trust me, ive done the math...cheapskate remember? good luck! and enjoy!
  • stargazer424
    Options
    I second the Donut Shop Coffee from Coffee People. Its a medium roast, but it XBOLD. That's my #1.

Also try
    Midnight Magic (Timothy's)
    Rainforest Espresso (Timothy's)
    Dark Magic (Green Mountain)
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i wished I liked coffee...but I just can't stand the taste.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Hands down right now....

I make a travel mugs size of Donut Shop by Coffee People with 2 spoonfuls of Domino pure cane sugar (15 calories a spoon) and 2 Tbps. (70 calories) International Delight Hershey Chocolate and Caramel creamer... I am out the door in the morning with 110 calories of absolute bliss!!! LOL...... Love Love our Keurig the best kitchen investment we have made to date......
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love the Keurig. Nothing like a big bold cup a fresh coffee, anytime of the day. Currently enjoying "Emeril's Big Easy Bold". But I am looking into other bold options and I thought I'd ask the fine highly intelligent and sophisticated folks of MFP what they are putting in their Keurig and what are some suggestions for a great "cup a joe" that is on the BOLD side. Thanks for your time.

The Emeril's Big Easy Bold is my favorite. I used to really enjoy the Caribou brand but the last few months I've stuck to Emeril.