A funny moment when you decided it was time to lose weight.

Options
cremaster
cremaster Posts: 16 Member
Disclaimer: I know that this is a very emotional subject for a lot of people, due to the fact that the their reasons to lose weight are life threatening. This is in no way meant to be disrespectful to those people.

So as the tittle says a funny moment in which you decided it was enough! My entire life I've always tried to maintained my weight and I've always exercise. Then I got married and it seemed like the lady at the court said "here is your wife and here is your gut".I put on 75 lbs (not muscle) in 3 years of marriage (no she didn't cook). I got divorced, got rid of the wife but the belly somehow stayed with me. I've been on and off going to the gym but it wasn't till two weeks ago that I decided to loose the weight. What happened may you ask, well I'll tell you, 3 things.

1) First thing was, my jeans kept tearing in my crotch area! I really didn't want to understand why was that happening so I switch brands twice before accepting the inevitable.... My fat was grinding out my jeans... They needed to be reinforced with Kevlar or I needed to lose weight...

2) There is a small wall at my father's house that I would always leap over when I visit. I tried after 2 months of not being there due to a business trip and my right leg got caught in the wall landed mounted on it horseback style (no I was not wearing my jeans). I needed to use the gate like a normal person, my father needed to tear down that wall Gorbachev style or I needed to lose weight.

3) This was the straw that broke the camel's back I got a bruise on my belly from my belt buckle! My belly was pressing on it so hard that it bruised! I had to stop wearing belts while driving or sitting cause my gut didn't allow me! I said enough! I have no illusions of getting back to the shape I was at 21 but sure as hell want to be fit and healthy! And for crying out loud able to wear belts!!

Share your funny story! I am sure there must be others like me!!!

12 lbs and already belts are not an issue! I have 60 to go!!! No looking back!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I went out to eat at the mall and got stuck in the immovable chair.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When i first started, it was because i had to squeeze into my toilet. I couldn't turn around without brushing against the walls. *sigh* made me sad. But makes me laugh now cause i can spin around in the loo without touching the walls!! (i wouldn't recommend doing that though LOL)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    When airline seats started to feel too small to fit me. I thought "Wow, I can't believe how small these seats are, I almost need another seat, what would happen if a really big person were to get a ticket on this....oh. Wait. I must be one of 'those' big people now".
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    In the past when I'd go to a public restroom, I'd get stopped by women telling me wrong door and that I was going into the Men's area.

I'm a guy. Yes my moobies apparently were that big. :noway:
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You know how you mounted that wall like a horse? Well I ride horses and my "ah ha" moment was the fact that I couldn't put my leg in the stir up anymore to get on, I had to use an upside down pail to mount my horse because my pants were so tight! Now why were my pants so tight? It couldn't have been because I needed a bigger size....nope that's not it ;). I could still get them on if I made sure I hadn't had anything to eat or drink before getting them on, and the belt loops were strong enough to get past my thighs and *kitten* AND if I had a place to lay down to do up the zipper.....I didn't need a bigger size! My pants fit! Gosh darn it! Ahahahaha!

Note: I can now get my pants on unassisted! Yay me! Lol.
  • kyjajo
    kyjajo Posts: 10
    Options
    In a public parking lot, went to get in the drivers side of my car, and the key would not work in the lock, so went to the other side, unlocked the door and proceeded to get in and attempt to crawl over the emergency break and gear shift on center console to get myself into the drivers seat. OMG ... I am so glad my family did not see me stuck in that tiny car, just trying to get across. I was so afraid the firemen were gonna have to come and get me out. LOL I was sitting there trying to figure my next move, getting all out of breath and panicking. Well, I eventually got there, and got the heck out of there quickly!!! How embarrassing!!! It is definitely time to lose some pounds!!! And from now on, I am just gonna reach over and unlock the door, and go back around the car!!! DUH!!!
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When a muffin top began to "rise" from the trim of my size 26 trousers. A sure sign that my size 26 pants were getting tight. In Australia the mainstream shops that stock larger sizes ONLY go up to size 26. Was not going to get bigger than that!!!
  • kari_
    kari_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BUMP

When i was 30lbs over the weight on my drivers license...
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I got tagged in Thanksgiving pic on facebook.....uggghhh, I knew I was fat, but that pic just grossed me out. Two weeks later, I found MFP on my kindle and haven't looked back.

Thanks to my sister who posted said pics. Without "seeing" myself, I would still be deluded.

(you can see that pic on my profile)
  • barongaston
    barongaston Posts: 109
    Options
    I was digging through some old pictures with some friends. My friend who I am sure didn't mean anything saw a picture of me from about 15 years ago and said "who is this?" When I told them it was me they said "wow you used to be cute!"
  • JesDOit
    JesDOit Posts: 1
    Options
    When I went to Miami & had to rap my stomache up with thick clear tape to look nice in my dress! The worse feeling ever!
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    ur no.1 happened to me many a time and i completely understand about not realising why-i was complaining to my family 'they jus' dont make clothes like they used to' 'ugh!,this fabric is ssoooo cheap kmt'

also,a few weeks ago,i was exercising and kept hearing a slapping noise ,i stopped,it stopped i start exercising again and it came back,then the realisation dawned on me ...........

my @ss was literrally patting me on the back!

that was enough to get me motivated again smiley-sport016.gif