Any Gluten-Free Dieter's out there?

Options
:happy: I have been Gluten-Free all my life due to Allergy to gluten and was was just seeing if there is anyone else that is gluten free as well that is trying to diet. Any good tips on being GF and dieting would be appriciated. :happy:

Thank You

Sonia

Replies

• julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free since I discovered I am intolerant about a year ago. There are a lot of good gluten free alternative products out there and you just have to figure out which ones you like through trial and error.

Gluten free bread products tend to have more carbs because they are dense, so I have to be vigilant about portion control. I am also hypothyroid which can make weight loss take longer. Two weeks ago, I decided to see a registered dietician and have her put me on a weight loss plan. She figured out my BMR and TDEE and designed a plan using food exchanges. I use a food journal that she designed along with tracking my calories in MFP.

There's a gluten free group here on MFP. Just go to Community, then Groups and you'll find it. Good luck!
  • sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the good tip I eat GF bread all the time I didn't realize that it has alot of calories. I eat 2 slices of GF toast for breakfast every morning. Maybe I should scale down to 1 slice of toast for breakfast instead. I thought that eating toast is more healthy and gives me my bread serving. I will try and find the GF group and join thank you for the advice.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I am gluten free and done well.

I don't eat bread at all. I just don't like the taste and texture of it.
  • sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't stand the taste of the store bought brands so because I am baking changed I can't make it myself so I get it at GF bakery and they make it just the way I need it GF/Egg Free. Sounds like it is probally better that you don't according to what I have read today.