New to MFP

Options
tenpets
tenpets Posts: 423 Member
Hi, everyone.

I'm new to MFP as of today. A few years ago I lost 30 lb using caloriecount.org. I like the mobile app for MFP better, so I switched. I'm hoping to lose 22lb by late June. Last time I lost the 30 lb in three months and have kept it off. Now it's time to take off the remaining 22 lb. Here's to everyone who is making positive life changes for better overall health!

Replies

• jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs by the first of June. Considering we're already into the first week of April, that's an aggressive weight-loss goal, but I'd be happy with about 18-20 lbs by June 1.
    What did you do when you lost your first 30lbs? Was it just calorie-counting or a combination of dieting and exercise?
    Feel free to add me.
  • tenpets
    Options
    Hi, jrnygirl. I lost the weight last time by counting calories (typically 1300-1500 changing it up from day to day) and exercising. I just exercised moderately nothing crazy. Brisk walking for an hour a few times a week and doing Beach Body Chalean Extreme a few days a week at home with my own weight set from walmart. I'm very good at maintaining my weight, but am now ready to move down again. The trickiest part for me is getting back to regular exercise and cutting out red wine with dinner! Alcohol is a real killer to my weight loss. :-)
  • tenpets
    Options
    How do I add you as a friend on this site? Never mind. I figured it out! :-)
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What was hardest for me was giving up sodas. I occasionally have one with meals, but i don't drink them very often anymore. Whereas, I was drinking anywhere from 3-5 a day. I don't like tea, so I stick with water or a zero-calorie drink.
    I've dropped weight before by counting calories with minimal exercise and another time i was doing intense cardio 4-5 times a week. this time i'm trying a combination of the two. doing workouts 4-6x a week and counting calories. I'm hoping I lose it and keep it off this time. Seems like every year, i yo-yo back up again.