finally figured my man out

Options
bikinibeliever
bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
I finally figured out how to get my husband to do something. Just hire someone else to do it! 1 hour after calling to say I hired a landscaper to cut the grass because mower is broken, son shows up (hubby sent him) to take the mower to our business to fix it!!! Maybe the grass will get cut. :smile: Now what do I need to hire someone for? :tongue:

Replies

• matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    LoL I'm so glad my boyfriend does things for me! All I have to do is start doing it myself and he'll jump in. I guess I'm spoiled ;)
  • bikinibeliever
    Options
    LoL I'm so glad my boyfriend does things for me! All I have to do is start doing it myself and he'll jump in. I guess I'm spoiled ;)

I could have been out trying to get that mower started for 2 weeks and he would still be watching TV! I take that back, he would have gotten hungry and needed dinner at some point....:laugh:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    this works for my man, too.

If i want something done, and he's putting it off, all i have to do is START the job. He quickly finishes it, just to make sure it "gets done right."

I dread the day he figures out this is a ploy i regularly use.
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Ahh same!! I'll ask him to do something and if he's like "I will in a minute" I just pretend that I'm getting up to do it and he goes "No, no, sit down! I'll do it!" and gets up. Works every time!
  • bikinibeliever
    Options
    Crap, that's it I'm moving in with one of you guys!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    LOL my boyfriend gets offended if I ask him to do something and he doesnt and I either do it myself or have someone else do it. Well damn, if you did it the first time I asked we wouldn't go thru this. Men are funny like that
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wish, I've got a leaky toilet and I'm taking a picture to the hardware store this weekend to find out what I need to do to fix it. My husband didn't care and he just said he didn't know how to fix it and walked away. .. Got to love it! I take care of all car maintenance, and all other repair stuff in the house. I call the plumber, the electrician (hubby thinks he can fix this stuff, but I don't want to have to find a new place to live after fire damage) and I call the landscapers. UGH, I need to earn more money to support this.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

Ahh same!! I'll ask him to do something and if he's like "I will in a minute" I just pretend that I'm getting up to do it and he goes "No, no, sit down! I'll do it!" and gets up. Works every time!

There was a time when my boyfriend was that way...but now he's my husband. :laugh: I love the man dearly but it's tough to get some things done sometimes. :smile:
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Exactly! Haha it's great! I'll say something like, "Honey, will you take the dog out?" *pause* "Nevermind, I'll do it." And i get the same reaction you do: "No, I'll do it honey! HONEY, I'll do it!"
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I wish, I've got a leaky toilet and I'm taking a picture to the hardware store this weekend to find out what I need to do to fix it. My husband didn't care and he just said he didn't know how to fix it and walked away. .. Got to love it! I take care of all car maintenance, and all other repair stuff in the house. I call the plumber, the electrician (hubby thinks he can fix this stuff, but I don't want to have to find a new place to live after fire damage) and I call the landscapers. UGH, I need to earn more money to support this.

This might sound funny but home depot has a lot of do it yourself books that help a lot. My boyfriend and I googled how to fix a lot of things in our apartment and did it all on our own and with little money spent. Might be a good option to try. Toilets are usually a quick easy fix
  • Cindym82
    Options

Thats we with the trash, I refuse to take out the trash. I clean the house and we both cook and I'll be damned if he doesn't take out the trash. So if I ask him to do it and he doesn't I just let it sit there and if he doesn't get the hint I put it at the top of the stairs so he has no choice but to take it out lol. If I have to scrub the toilet I think he can take out the trash

Exactly! Haha it's great! I'll say something like, "Honey, will you take the dog out?" *pause* "Nevermind, I'll do it." And i get the same reaction you do: "No, I'll do it honey! HONEY, I'll do it!"
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

There was a time when my boyfriend was that way...but now he's my husband. :laugh: I love the man dearly but it's tough to get some things done sometimes. :smile:

He's my soon-to-be husband in 5 months :) still treats me the same as he did the day he met me!
  • bikinibeliever
    Options

Right about the 15 year mark!! We were still honeymooning at 10 years....now pushing 18 years, time to call somebody. :smile:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to get my husband to do something. Just hire someone else to do it! 1 hour after calling to say I hired a landscaper to cut the grass because mower is broken, son shows up (hubby sent him) to take the mower to our business to fix it!!! Maybe the grass will get cut. :smile: Now what do I need to hire someone for? :tongue:

Ma'am, Did you call for a plumber?

BOW-CHICK-A-BOW-WOW...