A Tattoo for constant, permanant Motivation...

Options
Hey there!

So for awhile now I have been considering getting another tattoo. This one for the the inside of my left wrist. I am looking for something to represent personal strength. Something that will always remind me how strong I am and how important it is to put myself and my dreams and goals first. And how much pain I went through for the tattoo to help remember where I come from and why I put the tattoo on my body to see in the first place.

But I can't seem to find a symbol to represent this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want some silly Chinese symbol. I thought about my Gemini Symbol, But I don't associate that with my constant inner power. make sense?

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Power animal? Lol, no idea where to find out what yours is but it could makeout for a pretty awesome tattoo
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Power animal? Lol, no idea where to find out what yours is but it could makeout for a pretty awesome tattoo

Hmmm on my wrist? I always default to a cat...but I couldn't associate myself with being "cat lady"!! I was thinking about an eye. Not the all seeing eye but just an eye...
  • afwatson15
    afwatson15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I considered getting a "dash" tattoo. There was a poem written called "The Dash" - google it.

It speaks of the time between your birth and your death - called "The Dash". How you choose to spend it, what you stand for, what you're remembered for.

A simple line on the wrist is a constant reminder that this life is finite and what you choose to fill the dash with is important.

[ - ]
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I considered getting a "dash" tattoo. There was a poem written called "The Dash" - google it.

It speaks of the time between your birth and your death - called "The Dash". How you choose to spend it, what you stand for, what you're remembered for.

A simple line on the wrist is a constant reminder that this life is finite and what you choose to fill the dash with is important.

[ - ]

That is interesting! And how true it is...the line is constant...I couldn't take your tattoo though :)
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

[ - ]

Intertadesting i like this
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Since it'll be on your wrist and for the rest of your life, I suggest you keep looking til you find exactly what you want. Don't rush it. It'll come and when it does, you'll know.
  • afwatson15
    Options

[ - ]

That is interesting! And how true it is...the line is constant...I couldn't take your tattoo though :)

It's not my poem - so feel free to use it if you like!
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm Wiccan, I'm going to get something with an acorn. It symbolizes strength and power, but I also like the idea that from this little seed comes one of the greatest trees on earth :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options

[ - ]

What a great concept!
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

So for awhile now I have been considering getting another tattoo. This one for the the inside of my left wrist. I am looking for something to represent personal strength. Something that will always remind me how strong I am and how important it is to put myself and my dreams and goals first. And how much pain I went through for the tattoo to help remember where I come from and why I put the tattoo on my body to see in the first place.

But I can't seem to find a symbol to represent this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want some silly Chinese symbol. I thought about my Gemini Symbol, But I don't associate that with my constant inner power. make sense?

I actually got the Chinese symbol for inner stength on my hip for this reason...I had lost my Dad and lost a relationship within a span of four months and decided it was time to have a reminder of the strength I have...
  • yherrman
    yherrman Posts: 19
    Options
    I have a friend who had "Afram"(with a tilde over the a, I think) tattooed. It means "forward" in whatever language Icelanders speak. I thought that was very good. She wanted to remind herself to keep looking ahead, to forge ahead, not look behind to the past.
  • afwatson15
    Options
    I have a friend who had "Afram"(with a tilde over the a, I think) tattooed. It means "forward" in whatever language Icelanders speak. I thought that was very good. She wanted to remind herself to keep looking ahead, to forge ahead, not look behind to the past.

Hopefully it wasn't written on her back :)
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    African (Not sure specifically where in Africa, though) symbol for Strength:

tabono.jpg

The rune named ur, or uruz, meaning strength, sacrificial animal, and aurochs

1651.gif

This sign is a symbol for the s-sound in the runic alphabet it has become associated in Germanic countries with sun, strength, battle, victory, words which all began with an s in the old Scandinavian language.

3409.gif

Magick Strength Symbol

magick-strength.gif

The Reiki Power Symbol – "Choku Rei" This power symbol is likened to a power switch that can be used for a wide array of purposes. Basically, though, the Reiki means that one's intention always rules over what happens. The Reiki can focus on providing power or energy to specific parts of the body. At times, one can use it as a light power switch to increase one's healing powers

reiki-power-symbol.jpg

For a couple of ideas.
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    Hey there!

I actually got the Chinese symbol for inner stength on my hip for this reason...I had lost my Dad and lost a relationship within a span of four months and decided it was time to have a reminder of the strength I have...

I am sorry to hear about both your father and your relationship. I been through a lot myself; getting out of an abusive relationship. I lost myself and I like that reminder of knowing that I am stronger than I realize...
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    African (Not sure specifically where in Africa, though) symbol for Strength:

tabono.jpg

The rune named ur, or uruz, meaning strength, sacrificial animal, and aurochs

1651.gif

This sign is a symbol for the s-sound in the runic alphabet it has become associated in Germanic countries with sun, strength, battle, victory, words which all began with an s in the old Scandinavian language.

3409.gif

Magick Strength Symbol

magick-strength.gif

The Reiki Power Symbol – "Choku Rei" This power symbol is likened to a power switch that can be used for a wide array of purposes. Basically, though, the Reiki means that one's intention always rules over what happens. The Reiki can focus on providing power or energy to specific parts of the body. At times, one can use it as a light power switch to increase one's healing powers

reiki-power-symbol.jpg

For a couple of ideas.

Thank you for Sharing!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Don't get this one.

3409.gif
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the dash poem..inspirational I put it on my facebook page today Good Friday!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Personal strength and a symbol that represents that is going to be something that's probably going to be individual to you more than anything else. What, to you, says strength? And perseverance? Is there something that you tell yourself, or that you look at now, that really motivates you to do better? Is there a specific event in your life that really made you realize how important all those qualities are?

I performed a flute solo piece as part of my music major requirement (before I turned to nursing), called "Kokopelli", and although I didn't like it at first, I came to love it, because it was so haunting and melancholy, and yet magical and strong at the same time. Most of the challenge was in the personal interpretation that the piece needed to come alive, and no the technical aspects of it, and that really spoke to me, since it's easy to ignore the joy of interpretation while getting lost in the technical stuff.

Kokopelli, in different Native American cultures, can represent a god of fertility, as well as agriculture, and chases away winter with his trickster flute-playing. It's a bringing of life to people and the earth, and when I read up on it more while practicing the piece, it came to represent so many different things, and became a very positive experience for me. I now associate that symbol now with my ability to look at life and interpret things into something beautiful and different, and the need to stay open-minded and willing, no matter the challenge.

kk3162_450.jpeg

So that symbol for me would represent strength, determination, and perseverance, because I associate it with an event in my life. It's hard to find symbols like that that are so strong personally, but take some time, and maybe really look at everything around you, like pictures, the earth, people you love, and think of things that you associate with being strong personally. :)
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Don't get this one.

3409.gif
    Havana seriously! That could be seen as a white Supremacist symbol!! Please research your tattoo!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    How about a Mr Strong tattoo.

http://www.themistermen.co.uk/images/mrstrong.jpg

Best bit is, if you start to put on weight, his sides start to bend. How is that for motivation to keep in good shape? :bigsmile:

Ok, I know, terrible idea. :blushing: