New member following the PINK METHOD

Options
cafred
cafred Posts: 27 Member
Hello. I am new to the site but have been following the PINK Method since the end on January. I am loving it!!

If anyone has any tips on the site to get the ball rolling, please share!!

Replies

• RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I completed P.I.N.K about a month ago. I lost 28 pounds and am now totally addicted to exercise and clean eating! It truely is a great program...
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    What is it exactly? I looked it up, but the information is limited without signing up.
  • melissa4221
    melissa4221 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just curious...what is the PINK method?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Don't trust anyone who can't spell "Cardio" properly. Seriously, if they wanted a "K" they could have used "Kinesthetics."
    Random question: WHY must everything geared to females be pink? I DETEST the color pink! Sigh. :grumble:

(But, hey, if it's working for you, go for it. Everyone's different, gotta try everything 'til you find what works for you, right? Good luck!)

Personally, I follow the HELL NO diet.

High Protein (my body weight each day)
    Eat Regularly (every 3 hrs)
    Low-Carbohydrate (no more than 30 per day)
    Low-impact Exercise (30 minutes per day)
    Natural Foods, &
    Organic Foods (whenever possible)

See? Anyone can make an acronym. :laugh:
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this PINK method....I will have to look it up!
  • miss_september
    Options
    Bumping...also curious what PINK is...
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Don't trust anyone who can't spell "Cardio" properly. Seriously, if they wanted a "K" they could have used "Kinesthetics."
    Random question: WHY must everything geared to females be pink? I DETEST the color pink! Sigh. :grumble:

(But, hey, if it's working for you, go for it. Everyone's different, gotta try everything 'til you find what works for you, right? Good luck!)

Natural Foods, &

Awesomeness has been detected.
  • iluvrp
    iluvrp Posts: 8
    Options
    to the people asking about pink method.
    I was thinking of doing the pink method, but after looking at their dieting terms i decided it was not for me and heres why:
    They have u eating about 900-1200 cals per day, plus youre exercising. Its pretty expensive also. A good qoute i read in a fitness magazine recently "dont do anything now that you cant mantain for the rest of your life" and i for sure cannot do 900 cals a day for the rest of my life!
  • cafred
    Options
    P.I.N.K - Power Intensity Nutrition and Kardio (with a "k") is what PINK stands for. It is developed by Cynthia Pasquela, a nutritionist. I have been following the plan since the end of January and LOVE IT!!! It incorporates healthy eating and exercise. You can find more info at pinkmethod.com if you are interested.
  • thinkinpink
    Options
    to the people asking about pink method.
    I was thinking of doing the pink method, but after looking at their dieting terms i decided it was not for me and heres why:
    They have u eating about 900-1200 cals per day, plus youre exercising. Its pretty expensive also. A good qoute i read in a fitness magazine recently "dont do anything now that you cant mantain for the rest of your life" and i for sure cannot do 900 cals a day for the rest of my life!

The low calorie days on PINK are VERY temporary, they are designed to help your body get over weight loss plateaus. This is called "pressing the reset button" in the program. The higher calorie days in the exercise phases are perfect nutrition for weight loss.
    You do not have to continue this regime for maintenance. You only have to stay active and continue to eat "clean" foods ~ The creator of PINK does not even believe in counting calories.

As far as price goes, I believe I paid around $80.00 (including shipping) for the program ~ I now have all of the tools I need to keep me healthy, fit, and happy for the rest of my life for a one-time payment of 80 Bucks!!!! I think that is actually pretty cheap!!

I have lost 28lbs since Jan 9th on this program, and I honestly can't even remember the last time I felt this happy and alive! I have more energy now than I did 10 years ago :)
  • cafred
    Options
    First, sorry, I am new to myfitnesspal so I didn't see any responses to my initial post until now. I would have responded earlier if I had!

It incorporates phases. A Reset phase to get you losing and ready for exercise - first 7-14 days depending on what you need to lose - you eat light proteins and low calorie veggies during reset along with a protein shake that has fruit. Primary phases (3 total) where you add healthy carbs into your diet to be able to sustain exercise. There are 3 DVD's each having 3 different workouts on them and a bonus DVD for exercises. One DVD for each phase and each phase steps up the intensity. So, you build up to harder and faster workouts. The workouts incorporate weights into them. Each Primary phase is 3 weeks long with a 4 day Reset in between. Preservation - the last phase to help maintain a healthy lifestyle for life!! This plan does not throw you to the wolves once the weight comes off!!

You are given a blueprint to follow for eating in eat phase which includes Light Proteins, Low calorie veggies and Slow burning carbs along with allotted amounts of fat in dressings for salads and oils used to cook with. Their are so many recipes out there that there is no way I could get bored with the foods.

It comes with an AMAZING support groups via the VIP website and/or Facebook. I am heavily active in the FB groups and it has been awesome!

I have one week left in Primary Phase 3 so I have stuck with this plan for longer than I have any other plan in my life. It's a life changing plan if you are ready for that change.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!
  • MarieHartlin
    Options
    I actually saw the PINK method on Dr. Phil! and it looked like a wonderful program, it is specifically formulated for women and uses excersises that can be done at home and has an easy daily guide for meals :) i haven't personally done it but heard alot of good things :) all the trainers are women aswell!
  • cafred
    Options
    I actually saw the PINK method on Dr. Phil! and it looked like a wonderful program, it is specifically formulated for women and uses excersises that can be done at home and has an easy daily guide for meals :) i haven't personally done it but heard alot of good things :) all the trainers are women aswell!

Hi Marie. That is where I first saw it as well. It took me almost 2 months to order it. I have tried so many things over the years that my first thought was....I am going to waste my money. I decided to go for it and am so happy I did! I love how I feel and how I am starting to look. I am getting firm and tight all over my body. Amazing stuff!
  • cafred
    Options
    Wow, I must have done a good job explaining it since there are no questions! Either that or no one who asked saw that I answered. Question.....Do we not get notifications when someone responds to a post of yours or responds after a previous response from you? I am just not sure what I am missing.
  • JBlunt22
    JBlunt22 Posts: 12
    Options
    I like the HELL NO diet :)
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Natural Foods, &

Love, love, LOVE this.
    I think you're on to something.

Next step: write a book, go on Dr. Oz, ??? then Profit!
  • Marefr
    Marefr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are very clever:)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Big red flag I'm seeing in this thread.... D I E T

sorry, at a glance this looks like another fad "diet" and diets just dont work. You use the diet as directed, and if you are able to stick to it through the whole thing and see weight loss, thats great. However, after weeks of super restrictive dieting and seeing some weight loss, when you go back to eating regular/normal food, you end up gaining it back.

Just my two cents... I wouldnt spend a dime on it when you got this wonderful website that is FREE.
  • thinkinpink
    Options
    Big red flag I'm seeing in this thread.... D I E T

sorry, at a glance this looks like another fad "diet" and diets just dont work. You use the diet as directed, and if you are able to stick to it through the whole thing and see weight loss, thats great. However, after weeks of super restrictive dieting and seeing some weight loss, when you go back to eating regular/normal food, you end up gaining it back.

Just my two cents... I wouldnt spend a dime on it when you got this wonderful website that is FREE.

Glaring red flag for me... You have obviously never tried the PINK method yet you seem to have formed an opinion of it... Please tell me how that is possible.

I do agree with you, diets do not work for the long term. However; This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a diet... PINK is a lifestyle training tool. It combines good nutrition with exercise (intense exercise I might add!) to give you all the tools you need to change your life forever. I have over 1,500 PINK sisters in various groups and I have never heard any one of them refer to PINK as a diet. Those of us who are doing it know that we are changing our lifestyles forever (and are so happy about it!)

So many people out there want to eat healthy but the sad truth is, many of them (myself included at one time) do not know what healthy eating really is. We buy into what the food manufacturers tell us about their "healthy" food products, eat them, and then wonder why we get fat .

This program teaches us what clean and healthy eating really is... it has changed my habits for LIFE. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on eating "easy" food and maybe a little junk every once in a while, but it will be very rarely! I am eating conciously now for the first time in my life, and I have never felt better. My mind is clearer, I have crazy amounts of energy, and motivation that I never knew I had. I am now eating to properly nourish my body ~ that is all. I am now exercising because I love how I feel after I am done. That will stay with me for life. And that, to me, is quite the opposite of a diet.