New and looking for support on losing over 100+

Options
Jenn684
Jenn684 Posts: 10 Member
My names Jenn and I just found this site which I hope will enable me to finally lose my weight for good. I need to lose 137 pounds and would love some support in getting there. I'm hoping to lose 10-15 pounds before my 28th birthday in June. I need to get on with my life. Anyone out there who can support and help me?

Replies

• LeniceH
    LeniceH Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello Jenn684,

Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself, feel free to add me as a friend - would love to help encourage & support your journey!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, I started with 132lb to lose and have been at it since January 1st, only 90lb to go!!!!!
  • alabamaworley89
    alabamaworley89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn, I'm trying to lose 101lbs. I'll add you. I need all the support I can get and I'll do my best to support you as well!

Anyone else that would like to add me feel free.
  • alortega730
    alortega730 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • paddygirl43
    Options
    I need to lose over a 100 lbs as well and I know how hard it is. I too am fairly new to myfitnesspal, so feel free to add me as a friend. We might be able to help each other.
  • kgbr1602
    kgbr1602 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am starting with a goal of losing 82.6 lbs to get down to 150lbs, and then I am going to go from there depending on how I feel and look at that weight. My 'supposed' weight that I should be for my height of 5' 3" is around 130lbs so I could potentially be going for 102.6 lbs lost if I get down to that weight. Would love more friends with similar goals on here :-) Feel free to add me if you want.

Welcome to MFP, and good luck in your journey.
  • christinedyck
    Options
    I'm relatively new (2 weeks in) and looking to lose 170lbs so we're in the same boat, hunny! I LOVE this website. It makes counting calories fun (and easy!!) - give me an add and we can help support each other :)
  • Alicia484
    Alicia484 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I need to lose at least 90 and could use some support. I am new here too (just joined last week) and am feeling a little intimidated by all that I need to lose, but I really want to lose it for good this time.
  • controllingstatic
    Options
    Hi. I have to lose over a 100+ pounds as well. I would love some friends to take this journey with.

Rosie
  • csheedy3207
    csheedy3207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenn.

I, myself need ot lose 100+ pounds. I have fought weight all my life. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can maybe support each other. Good luck to you. You have a young age on your side and it is much easier when you are younger. I know you will do great :)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi I had 100lbs to lose lost 19 in 10 weeks on mfp looking to lose 56lbs at least by 22nd December my wedding........
    Finding today tough so looking for new mfp xx Good luck youll do this
  • mandamae
    mandamae Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm new to this site and have alot to loose and would love some support from those who are doing the same...feel free to add me anyone! thanks!
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What's great about it is that once you get going and see the difference, you'll want to keep going. Being successful will help you to realize you really can lose the weight and it will become easier to believe you can continue to be successful as you go (with a few dips in faith here and there). I love watching my ticker move, so that's a big motivator for me. Just take each day, one at a time, and don't weigh in "officially" except for 1 time every week to every 2 weeks. Daily fluctuations will occur and those little ups can be discouraging, but do your best to remember that if you came in under on your cals every day, it's probably just water. Don't go to bed til you are in the green and you'll be OK on your weekly/biweekly official weigh ins. You can do it!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn and everyone else :)

This is such a wonderful site with a lot of great people and support.
    I still have 100 pounds more to lose and I am always more than happy to accept any friendship requests. We're all in this together :)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    hello everyone :)

feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Am in the same boat feel free to add me.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think using this site will definitely help you. I've lost almost 90 pounds since last May and am still losing each week. My goal is 114 pounds. So hang in there. If you're consistant and honest it does work. Add me as a friend..:happy:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn! And my name is Jenn too. :) I'm not quite at 100 to lose, but definitely up there. But this site has been a great help. I've only lost 20 so far, but I don't think I ever could have managed that before I found MFP. I'll send you a friend request.