Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ranch Dressing and Sugar

So, I will be the first to admit that I love, love, love ranch dressing. And not the fat-free stuff, it has to be real ranch dressing. I figure if i'm going to die, and the last thing I have is salad, it better have real ranch dressing on it. I will take one for the team and say that I will forfeit some calories for some good ranch dressing. Annnndddd, I have to have real sugar in my coffee. I figure four little packs of sugar won't kill me right? Is there something wrong with me? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Replies

• kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Everyone has their things that they love and refuse to give up. Just stay within your calorie limit and meet your macros and you will be fine!!
  • sassyleo73
    sassyleo73 Posts: 20 Member
    I love Ranch to!!! I ran across this recipe this morning and will trying it tonight with dinner.

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories! 1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix 1/2 cup 1% milk Whisk together, chill 1 hour before use. Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!
  • I do the ranch dressing mix and greek yogurt too. Try it. You may like it, not as much as the real thing, but it's got a lot of protein in it this way.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Best Vegan Ranch Dressing:

1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon parsley , chopped
    1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk

Directions:
    Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving. Add a little more soy milk if you need to thin dressing.

Makes: 1 cup, 41 calories/tablespoon
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Simple Ranch Dip Recipe (and makes a Ton)

24 oz nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 c or 4 oz Fat free Sour cream or any light version
    1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
    1 tablespoon total of basil/oregano seasoning

(I add tomato/basil oregeno Seasoning by Gourmet Collection)

Mix it up and serve ...any time

2 tbsp is 1 serving of the dip and around 40-46 calories depending on the brands you use
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Best Vegan Ranch Dressing:

1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon parsley , chopped
    1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk

Directions:
    Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving. Add a little more soy milk if you need to thin dressing.

Makes: 1 cup, 41 calories/tablespoon
    Save! I've not tried this one yet!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    i use walden farms calorie free, sugar, free, carb free, pretty much everything free "ranch dressing". It does have a slightly bitter after taste since it is vinegar based but it does the trick.
  • ReginaMarie7
    ReginaMarie7 Posts: 15 Member
    I am TOTALLY trying this! I love ranch dressing (full fat/calorie version) and can't seem to compromise by getting the FF or light versions so this sounds great!
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    This sounds so yummy