After work out refueling question!

Options
What are some good after workout shakes or powder, etc that you like for recovering after an intense workout. I played 4 hours of competitive volleyball last night and felt great but when I got home I was exhausted and starving. Unfortunetly I stood in my kitchen so confused about what to eat that I just went to bed and today I can feel the effects of that decision. What would you recommend? Preferably something I can get at the store and don't have to order online.

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Odwalla has several decent protein shakes.....if I know I cant get right home or out and eat within a half hour after a work out, I usually will grab one of those. They definitely help me feel better until I can get a proper meal in.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Chocolate Malt off of amazon. It is the best and will fuel those muscles :) If you did decide to order online that is.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    GNC - Pro Perf Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Chocolate, you can use it pre or post. You can get it at your neighborhood GNC.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Try this site. Expensive but I have had great results. Advocare.com
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I use eload endurance formula, I buy it at popeye's. It is the most effective I have used and it does not leave a "chemical" taste. When you plan a long workout you can mix it with your water and sip it during and after. I find it makes a huge difference!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Basic glass of chocolate milk. Cheap and all the right sugars you body needs to recover. Google it.....
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I love Gaspari Myofusion.
  • Ballerina_Cara
    Options
    Basic glass of chocolate milk. Cheap and all the right sugars you body needs to recover. Google it.....

fun fact: I actually did drink chocolate milk this morning. I was feeling terrible this morning and just reached for it in the gas station.
  • JLLemons
    JLLemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk...protein, a little fat, electrolytes, and a little carbs and it tastes good.